Parents Need a current level 3 video please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, my just turned 6 year old is competing in her first meet tomorrow level 3. She wants to watch some videos of other level 3 kids, but all the ones that I can find have last seasons skills. Anyone have a current video? I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

USAG L3 is the same as last season. The routines do not change until 2013. There are two choices for music now, but the routines remained the same. Good Luck to your DD !!!!!

Be careful about watching videos(youtube etc) to review routines. Some are probably usag routines, others aau routines and some others could be rec league routines. Also you may watch a routine where the gymnast is making mistakes and you don't want your dd to change her routine the night before a meet.

Best bet---relax today, get the whole hair thing done/gym bag packed and off to bed. Once she's done a meet you'll both have a better idea of what good L3 routines look like and she can make any needed corrections in her gym with her coaches.

Good luck at the meet and have fun!

I agree with GLM. Just tell her to relax and do her best. It is her very first meet. Her only goal should be to have fun and learn about how meets work. Watching routines on YouTube could mess her up because there are so many different L3 routines on YouTube, AAU, USAG, rec leagues, etc.

Hope she has a blast!! Sending her lots of have fun fairies and remembering her routine fairies!!! Video tape if you can, those first meets are just priceless. I still love watching my DDs first ever meet. :D

I agree with the others, as much as me and DD LOVE to watch Youtube (especially of our CB friends!) keep in mind it is for entertainment only...your DD wil get plenty of time to learn and perfect routines at practice.....they will go over them over and over again all season. I do know that the USAG L3 video it online at the USA gymnastics site, you can check it out there and it even has the word prompts ofr each skill.

The best thing you can do it video HER and put it up there for HER to watch...sometimes they can see how great they did and sometimes you can show them the little things like bent knee, LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back