New Gym Mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

diana411

My 8yo daughter just started competeing this year. Just finished her third meet. I understand baseball, football, hockey, basketball scores etc. But have no idea what is going on in this sport. She scored second on the beam her second meet and two thirds this last meet. But.....I was shocked but happy with her achievements. But some of her competetion in my eyes looked much better. Can someone explain to me how they score????

What country does she compete in? What level does she compete? Once we know that we can definitely help you understand the scoring.

Welcome to the Chalkbucket.

Welcome to the CB! They are a bunch of great coaches and judges on this forum that can tell you a little more about how the scoring system works. Good luck to your DD! :)

Katie's Mom

What country does she compete in? What level does she compete? Once we know that we can definitely help you understand the scoring.

Welcome to the Chalkbucket.
She is a level 4 in Vermont USA.

So what are her scores? If you have video that you can link some of our great members can tell you how deductions are taken and why.

L4 in the US is a compulsory level, meaning every step counts for something and very child is deducted the same way. Every skill has to be performed a certain way and if skills are not done this way deductions are made.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back