WAG New gym surprise/ excited long post

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lynn

Proud Parent
So, as I've posted we are preparing to move mid August. We had to make a trip to our new place for the closing on our house so we decided to pop into DD new gym. We thought since we were there we might as well go in and see if there was any paperwork we could take care of. Much to our surprise, there was a gift basket waiting for her. They planned on giving it to her at first full practice.

Inside this basket was some goodies, a book, a hoodie and the team practice leo! I have never heard of a gym doing such a thing. Mind you we have never been at any other gym but know families who have switched. The basket came from the booster club. My DD was so touched as were we.

Our current gym will have a small going away party at the end of her last practice. And that means a lot to us too!

I have received my fundraising funds and the balance of the tuition for August that she will not be there.

We also checked with the new head coach about all the events planned that I mentioned in a previous post. He suggested which ones would be the most beneficial for us being new and thankfully it's not a ton.

Pretty excited about the move and some of my previous worries have been eased based on the input I've received here on Chalkbucket and the fact that in the big picture...we are moving HOME!! It's been nearly 20 yrs since we have lived in our home state!

That gesture is OUTSTANDING! These kinds of things can go a long way to making a transition go well and setup a long-term relationship. Assuming that you are in this for the long-haul, I would recommend that you be as involved as is comfortable and that this gift basket is a gesture welcoming you into that club's family. What a way to begin a relationship; kudos to that club and the booster club.

Wow! I'm impressed with BOTH gyms. We have moved out of state before & there was a little going away thing but nothing at the current gym. I anticipate there will be another move in the future so I hope it is a wonderful welcoming like this. Good luck with your move!

So, as I've posted we are preparing to move mid August. We had to make a trip to our new place for the closing on our house so we decided to pop into DD new gym. We thought since we were there we might as well go in and see if there was any paperwork we could take care of. Much to our surprise, there was a gift basket waiting for her. They planned on giving it to her at first full practice.

Inside this basket was some goodies, a book, a hoodie and the team practice leo! I have never heard of a gym doing such a thing. Mind you we have never been at any other gym but know families who have switched. The basket came from the booster club. My DD was so touched as were we.

Our current gym will have a small going away party at the end of her last practice. And that means a lot to us too!

I have received my fundraising funds and the balance of the tuition for August that she will not be there.

We also checked with the new head coach about all the events planned that I mentioned in a previous post. He suggested which ones would be the most beneficial for us being new and thankfully it's not a ton.

Pretty excited about the move and some of my previous worries have been eased based on the input I've received here on Chalkbucket and the fact that in the big picture...we are moving HOME!! It's been nearly 20 yrs since we have lived in our home state!
This post made me genuinely smile and put me in a good mood. :) With all the intense talk about opinions and thoughts on gym switching lately, this is a very welcome and refreshing story. I know that handling a gym switch because of a family move is an entirely different circumstance than switching gyms because the gym isn't a good fit, but this story still proves that things can go very smoothly. You just have to be lucky with finding the right gym, and meeting the right people associated with it. Good people tend to gather around other good people.

I'm glad you have joined a wonderful new family! :D

Love to hear a fabulous gym switching story....from both ends :)

We are moving 1/2 way across the country so stoke in August, not sure exactly when but hopefully we will get dates nailed down soon!

Sorry, I ran out of time to edit my previous post so here is what I meant to say:
Love to hear a fabulous gym switching story....from both ends :)

We are moving 1/2 way across the country sometime in August, not sure exactly when but hopefully we will get dates nailed down soon.....

I had been nervous to tell our current gym about our departure, as I wasn't sure what to expect, but I've been blown away about how great and supportive all the coaches have been for my DD. They have worked with her and set goals that she aims to achieve by her last day in our current gym, and the rigorous yet supportive training continues. In this difficult time of transition (and unknown!), it is so appreciated my DD is loving every day of gym.

We do look forward to starting at the new gym as well.... But hope the transition continues smoothly. So like the OP, I can happily report a positive gym switch story (albeit a long distance move..... But still! Every positive gym story is worth reporting!!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back