New or old competition leos for this coming season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, this past season the lower level girlies wore black leos with pink trim. The higher level girls wore pink with black. Last year I was able to buy a used leo for Kadee. Well, this year I was expecting to have to buy her another used one, because she has outgrown the one she has. But found out that they whole team is now going to wear the pink with black. Since there are no little ones close in her size that wore the pink one last season (since the pinkies started at L5..and she was an L2 last season). So, no used pink ones to buy this year. And no one to sell her used black one to as they arent using them anymore. Plus she will need a new warm up as she has outgrown that too. She has had a growth spurt and has shot up two to three inches since March. This year I will ask how much a new warm up is..lol. Last year I was told that to get one new it was $125, but I could buy a used one for $75. So I got the used one. Then later found out that they were able to get the new ones for $80. Ugh!!..lol. Kadee is so excited to get to wear the pink leo. She wanted a pink one all this past season.
Just wondering if anyone else was changing leos this coming season, outgrown old ones..luckely staying in the same leo and warm up (that would be nice..lol)
Maybe in Oct, Nov we can do another "lets see those leos" post.

The team is using last year's leo- but DD's last year's leo was the developmental leo-- have to get her the team leo this year. I am hoping to find someone who is interested in selling a used one. As for the warm ups- those will be new too and since they are embroidered with names on them- jacket and pants- I will have to purchase those new. All this money due in the Fall is making my head spin happens every year: DS is still in preschool so we have that tuition, and scouts, flag football, gym tuition, comp fees, leos, warmups, USAG membership, etc, etc....- we are always broke this time of year.

I'm not sure yet. We have a booster meeting at the end of the week, and I noticed it was on the agenda for the meeting. AB has outgrown her competition leo, and pants. If they use old, I should be able to buy a used one and sell hers. I'm indifferent this year because she has to have a larger one no matter what they decide. I just hope if they decide on new ones, that they aren't itchy!

Same leo and warm up. I guess my parents for lucky this year. It will be our 3rd year with leos ( haven't needed a new one at all) and our 4th year with warm ups (replaced once).

Same leo and warm-ups as last year. We use the same leo for at least 2 seasons before changing the style. I am pretty sure it still fits her. She put on the warm up pants the other day and they were not too short so hopefully she does not have a growth spurt between now and then!

New leos and warm ups this year, although there is a transition year on the warm ups, where the girls can wear new or old ones. Dd has been in a child medium forever! last year the CM was too small, but the CL was too big so we went with the CM. It left horrible marks on her shoulders. They wanted to order her a CM in the new leo. I spent an hour today with the owner trying to find the right size for dd. We finally settled on a CL short torso. The leos they sent to try on seem all stretched out and the large was way too big, even the medium seemed too big on the try-on leos. Very frustrating, as I had to pay over $200 for a leo that we are totally guessing if it will fit or not. keep your fingers crossed!

Same leo and warm up for this year, but dd's leo is a CM and it is TIGHT. She has no growing room left in it, but i hate to buy her a new one because they are changing styles next year. So not sure what i am going to do. Little dd is on preteam and has to have a leo, but the CM is too big. So it looks like i will be able to trade our CM to someone who has outgrown their CS and i will have to buy older dd the CL that she will only get to wear for one season.

We are lucking out & using the same leos & warm-ups for the 4th year! Bad news is that each level has a different leo. If DD moves up to level 7, hopefully we can get a used one from another gymnast. If she has to stay level 5, we'd have to get a new one b/c her old one is too small to last another year. Luckily, I think we can make the warm-ups work. I might have to let out the hems a little, but it should still work.:D

Same leo for us! but rumored at getting adidas tracksuits through a team mates dad who is a sales rep for adidas. I think this will be our 3rd year with the same leo. We rotate tracksuit, leo and training suits every year to help spread the cost a bit which works out fine. I just came to the club this year and I get all 3 (with the exception of the training leo) for half price from someone who actually changed to my old gym!

DD's team is getting new leos this year but they are keeping the same warm-ups. Unfortunately, DD has had a growth spurt, so it will be a new warm-up as well. :-( Hopefully, we can hang on to both for the next few years.

Our team just changed the leos last year so it won't be changed for at least 2 more years but the brand new warm up outfit I had to purchase when we joined this gym is being changed this year so she wore it for one year and now we have to buy a new one. The only good news is it won't be changed for another 3 years.

This happens all the time. Usually the leo and the warm ups are on different time tables for changing but most gyms I know change them every 3 years.

New comp leos (long sleeve), new showcase leos (tank style), and new warm-ups this year. It is my daughter's first year on team so I was expecting it, but I know it was a disappointment to some of the other team parents who bought leos last year. (There was a problem with wear & tear on last year's leos.) The only thing I wish I would have waited on was I bought the warm-up when my daughter competed level 2, then she did not compete at all last year while on pre-team and now we are getting new ones. It was barely worn.

Our gym tries not to switch the leos too often within each level group (beginner, intermediate, upper). We had to switch two years ago because the leos were discontinued. We lucked out the first year with used everything. then last year we had to by new everything. This year, just a new leo because she is going into the upper level. Warm ups will remain the same and I bought that big so it would fit her 3 yrs at least.

My dd will get a new competition leo this year. So happy to be getting a new one since the old one was plain and ugly. However, I am not excited about paying for a new one. I know they were just trying to save us money, and I appreciate that but i would rather pay a little more for the leo and cut back on something else. She only used the last leo for one year. Optional girls always gets the new leos first then the compulsory girls get them the following fall. We usually keep leos for 2 years, but dd had transitioned from compulsory to optionals and only used it for one year, but I am hoping to sell her leo back for one of the compulsory girls. She will have one more year in her warm up outfit which still fits fine.

new leos and warm ups again this year. we switched them last year and would have kept them for at least another year, but my team switched gyms which means all new leos and warms ups. which totally stinks because this gym usally keeps their leos for 2 years and this will be their second year with this leo.which means 3 new leos in 3 years and possibally 3 new warm ups!!

Brand new everything this year for our whole team. And i got to measure and order everything. What a headache but i think we will have a good looking team. The hc doesnt like to go through this often so i think we can expect to keep these styles for a good few years.

New comp leotard, showcase leotard, and new warm up. i had problems with new head coaches at my old gym and ended up switching gyms, so i also need a new gym bag and grip bag that a team mom makes and all of the t-shirts, and my mom is about to kill me. :) but good news is we keep them for 3 or 4 years depending on how many comps we do and if the material holds as well as its supposed to. but as of right now i am at about $600! :( and it rises everyday. oh and i have to get the workout leotards for everyday of the week (we have to wear the same leotard in team practice, and it has our gym name on it and our name and aka what your nickname is on the back) and the rubberband things around your waist...... there goes another $200.....

The team has to get new warm-ups due to a logo change requirement, so the HC was hoping to avoid new leos in the same year, even though this would typically be a "new leo" year. However, a lot of people were going to end up needing new leos anyway, with girls moving up, etc. so the decision was made to buy a fairly inexpensive "transitional" leo for the level 6's (looks a little like the optionals leo and a little like the compulsary leo) and then hope that, with the level 6's old compulsary leos available, there will be enough hand-me-downs to clothe everybody. The old comp leos are now considered part of the "Make It or Break It" line (I noticed it immediately in the pilot! "Hey! That's Kathy's leo!") so they're more expensive now than they were a couple of years ago. Hopefully nobody will need to order a new one. The HC also found warm-ups that are a lot less expensive than the last ones we bought, which is nice. It's not like they have to take a whole lot of wear-and-tear. This is their old comp leo and this is the new level 6 leo (at least, as of yesterday, this was the plan)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back