Parents No BHS on floor in 7?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdoc

Proud Parent
YDD had a bunch of mental blocks last year - everything backwards on floor and beam and flyaway. With the help of a sports psychologist, she got all her skills back and had a very successful repeat L6 season

In the last week, she started blocking on her RO-BHS-BT on floor. I think it is just stress related, with end of school, plus she's switching to a different school next year and had to say goodbye to all her friends, in addition to summer practices looming. So I feel confident she'll work through it since competition season is far away.
However, it got me curious . . .

L6 passes were RO-BHS-BT and FHS-FP. Right now she can still do standing BHS, RO-BHS, RO-BT, RO-layout, standing BT, FHS-FT and FHS-FP. It's specifically the RO-BHS-BT that she is blocking on. Would she be able to use any of those other combos on floor and still get 10.0 start value?

I believe in L7 she has to have a robhslo. The back layout is actually one of the required elements for the level. My YDD has been dealing with blocks too, so I feel the pain. Hopefully your DD can move past this.

Reguirement is an acro pass with 3 flight skills that includes a layout, so none of those 2 skill passes would cover it.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back