Parents Not injuries but sickness!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
For heaven's sake! It's only three weeks into school and DD is ALREADY out with a cold. Hasn't been to gym all week because of it. DD was sick a lot last year, you name it and the poor kid got it! She has only been hurt once but I sure have a hard time keeping her healthy at times. Any suggestions? I am sure this must happen to others!

I have two...find a good probiotic (we use yum yum dophilus) and vitamin c. We've been on this regiment for several months now and things seem to be going well. When the kids do get sick we have them take Emergen-C right away. So sorry your dd is sick and hope she gets over it quickly!

Thanks. I think I need to find a new flacor of the emergen-C stuff. DD doesn't like the current flavor. I really hope this isn't a sign of the rest of the season!

We use sambucol (sp?)-- it's elderberry extract, tastes good and kicks a cold fast :). It's with emergen-c/zicam etc at the drugstore :)

We stick to as "clean" of a diet as possible (minimal processed foods) and try to get lots of rest. Also, the kids carry sanitizer on their backpacks and use it. It is not foolproof, but hopefully minimizes as much of the crud as possible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back