NSC qualifier schedule out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Fliptwisttumble

So for all of you ladies inquiring about the National Stream cup qual in base Borden:

CPN Aspires and elites both compete first flight on Sunday morning the 17th (7:30am registration). There are 14 aspires and 8 elites listed.

It will be DD's first meet with scores.... so exciting for her!

Wow. DD did ODP as well, but last year did 3 invitationals as a L7. I am assuming your daughter is an 8 year old Aspire?

yes , just 8 and competing Aspire at her first meet. There is first time for everything, hope she has a great time competing.

I wish her the best of luck. It will be new and exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time!

Hi Gym mamas, I heard from one of the moms that this was not a qualifier (base Borden)for cpn's, is that true? I thought that they can qualify for NSC as part of team ontario? Please confirm. Thanks:)

This is THE qualifier for CPNs to make Team Ontario to go to National Stream Cup. The only other option to go to National Stream Cup is to go yourself with your gym as an individual, not as part of the provincial team. I am told they take Aspires if they cannot get 6 from the Elite group. (Last year one or two aspires went. This year there are 8 competing Elite, so I expect it will be all Elites who make Team Ontario)

My dd isn't going. :(

Her knees just weren't ready. They are healing very nicely now though. I wonder if they will let her go to NSC as an individual? Or maybe they will have her compete at the Oshawa qualifier? Otherwise it's nothing before Gymnix.

I hope they will be using the meet scoring app so I can see how everyone is doing. One girl from dds gym is going.

I hope she is better soon as well. That is tough. Did her elbow issue get resolved as well? I think that was her?

There is a national portion to the Burlington meet in December and the Oshawa meet in January, both before gymnix. If your club allows, she can go to NSC as an individual. Our club doesn't do that but some clubs do.

DD is scheduled to compete in all of the above, then gymnix. Our CPN. Girls have 8 scheduled meets, and up to 10 if they qualify for NSC or Easterns. I will just be happy if we both get through that many meets,b oth of us in one piece :)

Thanks for the information ladies! I hope your daughter feels better soon:) Do all your girls have full start values? I find the elite bars tricky to get bonus points because the bonus has to be part of the routine.

No, no full starts for DD on any events. She has bonus on beam and floor (not full) and just the minimum on bars.

Beam is always my daughters nightmare! It's hit or miss. I think we have bonus on floor and maybe beam. So excited for this meet! Does anyone have info if they do make team ontario. Do the room with the team? Are parents east to get to? They are so young.

My friend's daughter went last year. They travel as a team, without parents. They roomed with other girls on the team, and had a team coach who looked after them for the duration of their time their. Ensured they ate, were entertained outside of the meet, got back and forth, etc.

My friend went, but generally didn't see her daughter, other than at the meet. Different flights, different hotel. DD is a year younger. I am excited for her but at the same time not worrying too much as she has to actually qualify, and it's a big jump from the L7 she did invitationally last year. I've told her just to take the year to learn how to compete, then she can kick butt next year ;)

My dd's bonus on bars was two free hips to handstand in a row. She has 3 no-handed flights on beam (i know thats not he way to say it, lol) and whip to full and 1 1/2 on floor. Well that's what she was working on when her knees acted up.

Our coaches for some reason don't think the invitational meets at the qualifiers are worth the money or time, but since dd won't be going for tour, maybe they might change their minds. I just hate to think Gymnix, in the full podium gym, will be her first meet at Elite.

Oh and dd went to Easterns last year and loves travelling with the team. It's a really great experience.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back