NSC qualifier schedule out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I forgot about that gymnast. She didn't compete for National Stream. Is she in elite this year?

We are going to gymnix as well this year. My dd was there before when she was in L7. She hated it and said she never wanted to go back :( She was in the "other" gym and they had to do their warm up in the basement and then come up and compete. They never got to touch the equipment - just straight to compete. I remember the vault was like you were vaulting on cement.
She has had to suck it up as we are going back - but this time she gets to compete in the big gym (thats what she calls it) and she will get to warm up on the actual equipment she competes on which makes her so much happier.

If your dd goes elite then she will compete in the big gym as well. Should be fun.

Yes, that other gymnast was injured at the beginning of last year but is competing this year elite again.

My dd was at Gymnix last year as aspire and they had a different warm up than provincial, so it was warm up then compete right in the gym. I am wary of Gymnix being her first meet because the "big gym" can be so intimidating. We shall see how it all plays out.

The bts list is not fully updated, the clubs need to register their athletes. I know our club has not done that yet and we have 2 Elites & 1 Aspire. It def won't be a free ride for the Elites because 8 are competing.

Last year our coach "strongly" encouraged us to stay at a different hotel. We were not allowed to go to the hotel to visit. Of course at the meet you are allowed to go up give them a hug, buy them a gym suit, etc. but other then that nothing else.
Honestly, my dd was so engaged and having soooo much fun - she didn't have time for me....and like all of you her and I are very very close.
There was 4 in a room and they did not get to pick. As there is six of them going. The coach of that team had to "look" after them the entire weekend. Their job is to entertain them, make sure they ate, etc.
My dd coach at both easterns and NSC were fantastic.
My only beef was - I didn't think they ate properly. I tried to encourage my dd to make sure she always had a piece of fruit with her. I packed her snacks. But when she walked out at NSC she looked drained. I had spoken to our coach and said - you need to get some food into that girl. She looks drained. Our coach went and got them all granola bars. We have a very strict food plan the week following up to a competition and unfortunately she was not able to follow as she was on her own. But its good learning for them as kids to learn that on their own.

Its going to be so hard to watch as only 6 goes and there are 8 of you. Likely one will drop out. It happened at ours and then one will be left. So tough.

Good luck

Beam is always my daughters nightmare! It's hit or miss. I think we have bonus on floor and maybe beam. So excited for this meet! Does anyone have info if they do make team ontario. Do the room with the team? Are parents east to get to? They are so young.

Kit Kat, thanks for all the fantastic information. Yes, it will be sad for the two little ones that don't get to go:( Unfortunately, they have to lose some to win some. Glad your daughters experience was fantastic! I hope all the girls that qualify have the same experience:) I have watched the video you posted and I remember your daughter, she is fabulous!!!!

So there will be 7, and one little girl won't get to go. Unfortunate situation.

I told DD that, and asked how she will feel if she is 7th. I worry as she is 9, and all of the others have competed it seems in either provincials or CPN before, so have that competition experience, and potentially a lot more bonus. She said she doesn't have to worry about it, because she WILL be qualifying for NSC, and won't be coming in 7th. I LOVE her spirit :)

Good morning cpn mamas. As a newbie to the program i have a question. is there any chance that aspires can qualify at base borden or do all elites qualify automatically.

Good morning cpn mamas. As a newbie to the program i have a question. is there any chance that aspires can qualify at base borden or do all elites qualify automatically.

Welcome. For National Stream Cup, they take Elites first. If the spots aren't filled then they take the top Aspires (ie. if there are 5 Elites, they would offer the 6th spot to the 1st place Aspire, etc.)

Given there are likely 7 Elites, it seems unlikely that any Aspires would be able to go, unless Elites don't want to go, get sick/injured, etc. They could go to NSC separate from Team Ontario, and compete as individuals or for their club.

Edit: there is always the possibility that GO changes from what they've done in the past. Above is what happened last year. Our club indicated they understood the rules to be the same this year.

Looks like the elite group will grow over the year..... I believe there are 10 elites scheduled for the Burlington Qual, and Aspire numbers increasing as well, so it'll be interesting!

Looks like the elite group will grow over the year..... I believe there are 10 elites scheduled for the Burlington Qual, and Aspire numbers increasing as well, so it'll be interesting!
Add two more more as my dd and her teammate won't compete any of the other Ontario meets except championships. GO in all their glory did not schedule our provincial qualifiers with the CPN meets. Since we have a ton of provincial girls and only 2 CPN girls, they said its too much for the coaches to attend back to back to back meets.

I think there are only two CPN/National meets. One is at our gym, so we all go there (obviously), and the other we are only sending the CPN/national girls - it didn't coincide with the provincial meet. But as you've said in a previous post, if your coaches don't believe they are worth the time/money, then there's not much you can do.

Hello ladies. Just wondering how everyone is coping with only a few days before comp. my little one is battling a bit of a bug. Hoping it won't affect her performance too much. How is everyone else faring with last minute cramming. Lots of nerves I'm sure. Well best of luck to all and see you Sunday!!!!

Trying to learn it from my DD. She is less nervous than I am. So, trying hard to stay cool. Lol. Wishing all the girls (and parents ) success at the meet on Sunday! And no matter how they placed we have to be so proud of them and enjoy this experience. Hard work one day will pay off. See you all there.

Best of luck to all the girls this weekend. DD doesn't like talking about meets at all - makes her nervous. I am nervous for her - this is her first meet with scores.

I won't be there, but I would have been the super nervous one wringing her hands. Hope they all do great!

Thank you:) too bad you are missing it:( We are super excited but nervous too! What does it mean on the schedule where it says the event next to the girls names eg. Bars is the first event and then some girls have BB or FX next to their names? Does that mean when they rotate to that event they go first!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back