On to optionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Just had my level 6 state meet! I fell on my back tuck on floor but the rest of the routine was nice, and I got 4th place all around and vault, 6th bars, 2nd on beam. WHICH MEANS...I'm done with compulsories! FOREVER! High scores of the season:
All-around: 35.2 ish
Bars: 8.55 ish
Beam: 9.325
Floor: 8.6
Vault: 9.2

Sooo...level 7. If I'm lucky and I get my skills soon, I'll be doing a couple meets in March, otherwise it'll be a year. I'm excited to start working my own dance, and try straddle cast handstands on bars (I have no idea how to do them...but I heard they're easier for tall people), and being able to take some time to just work on my back tumbling instead of doing routines and making mistakes.

For my dance passes, on floor I've been doing a switch leap straddle half jump but I might switch to side leap since it's a little easier, and on beam I think I'm going to try split jump pike jump, since my pike jumps are really good. My coach says that's unusual so I should put one in my routine! Yay!

Well Done, I'm sure you are over the moon to be in optionals!! congrats hope your new routine is lovely :)

No...I'm thinking about Waka Waka (Esto es Africa) in a piano version but I think my coach might not like that so much. It's a little repetitive. She wants me to do something Broadway or classical...but I've got my eye on a couple Yiddish folk songs! Tzenna and Shalom Aleichem...jazz versions!

If you did use Waka Waka, that would just be AWESOME!! It's repetitive, but that song would just be perfect for a floor routine! :)

good job:)

Great job making optionals:)

normally I don't encourage people to use music from movies for their routines, but I agree with gymgurl and think Moulin Rouge would be awesome.

Also if you like Waka Waka but it seems too repetative, then you could consider editing it your self or having a professional edit it and mix it with different (similar) music to make it more unique. (this might be kind of a lot of work though :p)

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back