Over rotating in roundoff tuck back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

iamagymbabe

Coach
Gymnast
I've been doing round off tuck backs off an air floor onto a covered pit and had been landing the first few reasonably well, but last week I over rotated all the time and I can't work out why. :confused: Should I be slowing the rotation down or 'kicking out' of the somersault to land??

I've been doing round off tuck backs off an air floor onto a covered pit and had been landing the first few reasonably well, but last week I over rotated all the time and I can't work out why. :confused: Should I be slowing the rotation down or 'kicking out' of the somersault to land??
There are lots of things which could be going wrong. Without a video or a better description than 'I over rotate' we can't help. Dunno's advice is good. Are you looking for the floor so you know where you are?

pattymello: We aren't allowed to video at the gym so i can't get any videos of it. What I meant by over rotate was that I do almost like 1 1/2 somersaults to land on my back and roll backwards out of it if that makes sense!
dunno: I think my eyes were open lol :)

pattymello: We aren't allowed to video at the gym so i can't get any videos of it. What I meant by over rotate was that I do almost like 1 1/2 somersaults to land on my back and roll backwards out of it if that makes sense!
dunno: I think my eyes were open lol :)
I know what you meant by over rotate. The video could help so we know why you are doing it. Either way just look for the floor and extend out of the tuck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back