Overly Involved Parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That said overtly involved parents are hard. I'm a public school teacher and we often had the balance the difficulties of overtly involved parents with uninvolved parents. Unfortunately neither just fall out of sending their kids to school like they might fall out of gymnastics.=QUOTE]

So you are saying you want parents to have their kids drop out of school? :confused:

"That said overtly involved parents are hard. I'm a public school teacher and we often had the balance the difficulties of overtly involved parents with uninvolved parents. Unfortunately neither just fall out of sending their kids to school like they might fall out of gymnastics."

So you are saying you want parents to have their kids drop out of school? :confused:

"That said overtly involved parents are hard. I'm a public school teacher and we often had the balance the difficulties of overtly involved parents with uninvolved parents. Unfortunately neither just fall out of sending their kids to school like they might fall out of gymnastics."

Oh yes! Sorry if it came across seriously, I would never, ever want a kid to drop out of school no matter how heinous they are. It was mostly a response to many of the threads that suggested waiting it out because these parents daughters are more likely to quit gym. I've had to tweak some of my tactics for dealing with difficult parents, because unlike gyms (or even private schools for that matter) you deal with the difficult parents forever.

Our gym just started a new policy for this year that allows parents the opportunity to view training for 1 week of each month. After that you have to make a special request to view (ie. if a visiting grandparent would like to watch). The coaches will also invite a parent in to watch a new skill at the end of practice if the child has learned one. I think this policy will work well because our gym had some parents who tended to "coach" from the window. Some of the kids also felt a bit of extra pressure if they were having difficulty when learning a new skill. Anyways, just my opinion... I love to watch gym, but I do think this is good for the kids.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back