WAG P&Gs 2017!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I liked it when Terin did it. It was fun and unusual. I was a big fan of hers during that era.

I am not a fan of how ugly wolf turns have become and I'm fed up with bent legs and wobbles. I think they need to be more deductions for poor form and the long pauses. Earlier - for example in the 1970s - wolf turns on bb were better integrated into the routines with more elegant entrances and exits

In 1976 Romanian Anca Grigoras had a lovely wolf turn at the end of her routine

Even the tiny gymnasts did them well with attention to detail - for example Maria Filatova in 1977

Almost exactly 2 years ago there were long strings here on ChalkBucket on the (unsighty and way over-used) Wolf Turns - these are classic gems of threads. This forum became slightly famous (notorious?) for the discussion about them. Check out both of these threads from 2015:

https://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/can-we-start-a-petition-to-ban-wolf-turns.53136/

https://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/wolf-turns.53375/

The missed/but turned into something else Wolf Turn-spinning full turns should be name as a new skill: The ChalkBucket. (because we told you so)

A random question: why did the Texas Dreams girls all wear different leotards? I mean I know gyms may ave their elite get special leotards for meets like this, but usually the girls form one gym wear the same thing.

A random question: why did the Texas Dreams girls all wear different leotards? I mean I know gyms may ave their elite get special leotards for meets like this, but usually the girls form one gym wear the same thing.

Kim Zmeskal has a new leotard line, which the gymnasts were wearing (I think). It was a sort of showcasing or a preview?

I also assumed the leotards were a preview of Kim's upcoming collection, though her collection is now online available for preorder and doesn't include any competition leotards (at least not yet)!

I also assumed the leotards were a preview of Kim's upcoming collection, though her collection is now online available for preorder and doesn't include any competition leotards (at least not yet)!

As far as I can tell, all that's available are the warm up leos. I like some of her styles but I do not like the color combos at all. Totally ruins it for me. And as a side note, I did not like the ruched velvet comp leos Regan debuted and I have a feeling that crushed velvet isn't far behind. If anyone does it, it will be her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back