Parents Parents Association Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

alongfortheride

Proud Parent
Curious on this one. . .If your gym has a parents group
1) does it do a lot of fundraising, or do you basically just pay dues into it?

2)does your parents association or group pay for gym equipment for the gym? Is that common?

1. we work bingo, and that's it. We pay yearly dues ($20) but the rest is fund-raised.

2. IF your group is 501c3, you cannot purchase equipment for teh gym.

I would encourage you to search for past Booster Club threads on here. This is a topic that comes up a lot. There are a variety of ways that Booster Clubs are structured and operated. Plus, there are so many tax and legal requirements, that most successful clubs seek out legal advice to make sure they are set up correctly.

I would encourage you to search for past Booster Club threads on here. This is a topic that comes up a lot. There are a variety of ways that Booster Clubs are structured and operated. Plus, there are so many tax and legal requirements, that most successful clubs seek out legal advice to make sure they are set up correctly.
Okay, thanks. . I will do that. :)

I did realize some were non-profit. . but i guess I was interested more in question #2, and how common it was. Thanks! :) I haven't found too much on that in my search yet.

We have a booster club, but have NEVER bought gym equipment with it. It is a 501c3. Our booster fees pay for meet fees, coaches fees, coaches expense fees, holiday gift, year end banquet, beach party and miscellaneous things that are bought for the kids (ice pops, cakes for birthdays, etc.). We also host 3 meets/year and boosters hosts the food and merchandise booths. That money gets divided amongst the gymnasts. We also do scripts and other fund raisers for leotard costs, etc.

I don't think anyone at our gym really gets into the fundraising aspect of it. They all don't want to pay as much as they do.....But they all don't want to use there time doing fundraisers.

I wish more would....but they don't

We don't have a booster club at our gym. Most years we do a fundraiser through a local business. If you prefer not to peddle stuff, you can just buy the tee shirt if you don't want to earn it. All team kids are required to participate, but there are reduced fees for multiple gymnasts in the same family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back