Pirouette Bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
For Christmas, my parents are getting me a pirouette bar to practice handstands and pirouettes at home. Do you know where I can get one that is good/sturdy, and isn't really expensive? I saw a Nastia one, but it was 141 dollars! Thanks in advance!

Is there anyone handy in your family? My Granda used to make my blocks for practising on. Or ask the gym where they bought theirs from.

A thick dowel and two blocks of wood with a bit of saw and sanding work and some wood glue.

Something that is way over priced typically.

Make your own floor bar, it took my 16 year old son about an hour

You will need the following:
1 8ft bannister rail that is round and 1 5/8 inches thick
1 2x6 inch board, 8 ft long
12 wood screws

We brought the gym's floor bar to Lowes where we bought the wood and the bannister rail. They were very helpful and cut everything to the same length. We just used the wood screws to put it together and sanded it smooth. We cut the rail in half to make it 4 ft long and gave the rest to another gym parent to make their own.

My daughter needed to chalk it up to use it but it works great.
If anyone needs more detailed instructions or pictures, please pm me.

TRy 10.0 .com and amozon or ebey and get a new one and make sure its not used... lol

Hello, can you please email me more details and photos....going to try this, thanks

Can you please send me a picture of the final product. I am having a hard time picturing what it looks like all together. I think this is exactly what i'm looking to make.

My husband made one for my daughter recently and she has found it very helpful. I purchased 48 inches of a round rail - I looked up the width of standardi uneven bars and tried to find one the same-I think it was 1 5/8. I was unable to find a completely round rail at this width-one edge is flat but we simply faced the flat edge toward the ground when putting it together and it works fine. I also puchased wood brackets (like the type that holds your clothing rod to the wall in your closet). My husband cut two triangle pieces of wood 2 inches in width, about 7 in height and 12 inches at the base. The rail is attached towards the top edge so it will be a good distance from the floor. The brackets were attached with small screws to the triangle and then the rail was inserted into the brackets. Wood screws were attached from the outside of the triangle through the backet into the wood rail. This worked, but the bar shifted a bit, so he added small screws at an angle through the wood bracket and into the wood dowel (this shattered one of the brackets and he had to redo it). You could also add wood glue when you are initially putting it together. I took two pictures but apparently they are sized that I cannot upload them here. If anyone wants to send a regular e-mail, I would think I could attach them and foward them to you. I found all the materials at Home Depot for less than $20.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back