PLEASE help with tucks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I trying to learn how to do front tucks and back tucks. They look pretty good except i cant get enough height. So in other words, if I were to try a back tuck on floor without a spotter, I would land probably flat on my face.

HOW DO I GET HEIGHT IN MY TUCKS??:confused:

Look up when you punch for your front tuck.

Do NOT throw your head back into a back tuck. Set up and tuck. You may be going in the same direction as a back handspring, but you do not throw like your doing one. Instead, feel your arms straight up right when you jump and move your knees to your hands.

sooooooooooooo if I go into it kinda like a tuck jump will the velocity just flip me over or do I have to go kinda back into it like a handspring

^^^ it is similiar to that except you set then grab your legs which flips you over. It will feel like it is just velocity pulling you over but you really it is your set and then way you will grab your legs. Just think about what you are doing, and don't sit when yo swing your arms for your set, your hips should not bend alot

Here are a couple of drills you can do:
Front tuck: off a tall spotting block and onto an 8-inch mat, do a standing front tuck. Be sure when you begin you stand tall with your shoulders and your hips open. When you go into your front tuck, snap your body from the tight arch position into your tuck position without dropping your chest. Land on the 8-incher. This will help give you the timing for a good running front tuck on the floor.

Back tuck: on the trampoline, bounce small with your arms straight up. As you set into your back tuck, open your hips slightly at the same time you squeeze your butt. Keep your shoulders open and bring your knees up to your tuck position at the top of your set. There's no need to grab your knees on your back tuck if you open your hips.

Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back