Possible stress fracture.):

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! Well for about 3ish months my ankle has been hurting consistantly, but then it randomly feels better...so somedays when I trained it would be perfectly fine and then KILL so badly..I would tell 2 out of my 3 coaches this because one of the other coaches is so strict and doesn't care if you're crying she'll still make you do the event...for example: one time I hurt my achielles and it hurt so bad to walk..so while I was on floor one of my coaches allowed me to sit out..but then I got to vault and my coach was like..."well it's obviously fine if you're walking it...go home if don't want to vault I don't care." so I said okay I'll vault...it hurt so badly to vault..but i did anyway...BTW..I'm such a hardcore training gymnast...I try so hard when other people don't care or try...so when I'm hurt I'm HURT! anyway...on to the actual point...today I went to beam...did some leaps...hurt a little bit but not bad...bars was good...then on floor..I was doing standing bhs and my ankle popped! so i told my coach and she was like..."go get ice since *the mean coach* will make you vault" so I sat out for the rest of floor... and then on vault the mean coach talked to me saying how I shouldn't be afraid of her and how I can talk to her...so I sat out for the rest of practice...but on my right ankle it's normal but my left one is like missing a tiny bone that's sticking out...and it's swollen so my coach thinks it's a stress fraacture..what about you guys?:confused::confused:
s

Nobody can tell you what the injury is, only a doctor can, after you have an x-ray.

on my right ankle it's normal but my left one is like missing a tiny bone that's sticking out...
....that....doesn't...sound....good. Please see a doctor.

That being said, I'm pretty sure stress fractures aren't from one blunt impact. They are an overuse injury, or from going into training too quickly. I've had 2, and they do hurt pretty bad, but they didn't "pop" when they happened. In fact, I don't think I could have pin-pointed an exact moment when the pain started. It was just... there.

Feel better! It's no fun getting hurt :(

I'm planning to see a doctor as well..i'm getting an ankle brace tomorrow..and the only time the doc can get me in is next week so I'll be wearing the ankle brace until then

please dont try and do vault/floor on it it sounds like a pretty bbad injury. if it isnt your good foot i would do lots of bars and turns :D hope you feel better soon.

Hey! Well for about 3ish months my ankle has been hurting consistantly, but then it randomly feels better...so somedays when I trained it would be perfectly fine and then KILL so badly..I would tell 2 out of my 3 coaches this because one of the other coaches is so strict and doesn't care if you're crying she'll still make you do the event...for example: one time I hurt my achielles and it hurt so bad to walk..so while I was on floor one of my coaches allowed me to sit out..but then I got to vault and my coach was like..."well it's obviously fine if you're walking it...go home if don't want to vault I don't care." so I said okay I'll vault...it hurt so badly to vault..but i did anyway...BTW..I'm such a hardcore training gymnast...I try so hard when other people don't care or try...so when I'm hurt I'm HURT! anyway...on to the actual point...today I went to beam...did some leaps...hurt a little bit but not bad...bars was good...then on floor..I was doing standing bhs and my ankle popped! so i told my coach and she was like..."go get ice since *the mean coach* will make you vault" so I sat out for the rest of floor... and then on vault the mean coach talked to me saying how I shouldn't be afraid of her and how I can talk to her...so I sat out for the rest of practice...but on my right ankle it's normal but my left one is like missing a tiny bone that's sticking out...and it's swollen so my coach thinks it's a stress fraacture..what about you guys?:confused::confused:
s

if you are like missing a tiny bone and that missing bone is sticking out i would submit that something has terribly gone wrong...go see a doctor. maybe the doctor will find the missing bone that's sticking out.:)

someone please tell me that i'm not losing my mind....

if you are like missing a tiny bone and that missing bone is sticking out i would submit that something has terribly gone wrong...go see a doctor. maybe the doctor will find the missing bone that's sticking out.:)

someone please tell me that i'm not losing my mind....

You aren't. :) That's the statement that stood out to me the most...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back