Parents Pricey Competition Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our new leo package last year was under $250. 2 Adidas leos - 1 tank style for league meets, 1 3/4 sleeve for invitational meets, 1 adidas warm up, 2 sets of undergarments. The leos are not embellished at all, just 2 contrasting colored fabrics - but still look pretty sharp, and the warm ups have the team name embroidered on the back. We will use these for 2 years.

Our gym owner is very cost conscious and really tries to keep the cost in check. I must admit we sometimes have leo envy at meets when we see the crystals and stuff...!

... I must admit we sometimes have leo envy at meets when we see the crystals and stuff...!

Seriously, buy a hotfix wand and crystals and add them yourself!

I paid £20 (probably about $30USD) for a kandi kane tool, you can buy the crystals in every colour under the sun by the gross bag (144), the tool picks up the crystals, heats them to melt the glue, and you just place them where you want them. It's easy and inexpensive in comparison to what the leo companies will charge for applying them

I don't know what this year's price will be. They haven't sent it out yet, but I hear a $100 deposit will be due in the near future. We get new leos every year and new warm-ups every 2 years. Last year's leo was maybe $115 - $120. I think the warm-up is about the same price, and unfortunately it's a year for new warm-ups too. I've been moaning about it, but after reading what some of you have to pay, I'll consider myself lucky! :D

Oh my.... what a hot topic for our gym. Our new comp. leos will be $225 this year. There was a vote gems vs. no gems vs. you decide either or but it was a savings of $75 without gems. I'm okay with the gems. Needless to say, we will have gems this year on our leos. We also have to get warm-ups this year. The HC said she will go with the cheaper kind since we are spending so much on the leos. Of course every team has to have a mom that's "Ms. Moneybags" and she was like... "oh why don't we get Adidas ones with the swoosh-y fabric." *sighs and rolls eyes* Then she suggested for the "hard-up parents" if they are having trouble paying for the leos/warm-ups to have another fundraiser. Yeah, just what everyone wants to do. Have another fundraiser/beg for money from co-workers that you've already sold a ton of crap to. Don't mind my sarcasm tonight :p

I just got the bill for the competition attire - just under $300 for everything - luckily they warned us a month ago what the price was likely to be. The leos and warm ups will last for 2 seasons so at least I won't have this bill (fingers crossed she doesn't grow a lot) next year!

The optional leo is $190, the compulsory one is $165 - difference is in the material on the sleeves and the number of gems. They design looks more mature.

The gym hasn't changed in years - the kids vote every year and they like them and don't want to change them. Thankfully that creates great resale opportunities! Level 5 and up all have the same warm up. It's really pretty and will probably fit her till she's 18 LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back