WAG Pulled Muscle Advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A few weeks ago, I pulled a muscle at practice. I pulled my gluteus maximus. :D I don't know what to do-- most stretching hurts. :( does anyone have any advice for my situation?

I'm not a gymnastics expert, but I am a pharmacist! I would do ibuprofen or naproxen around the clock for like 3 days or so. It will help the pain and the inflammation. Even if it doesn't look swollen, it probably is on the inside. I don't know how old you are, but if you are under 18 please ask a parent first!!! There are some reasons (kidney issues/ulcers ect you should NOT take it). I can help you with dosing. Good luck :)

You said a few weeks ago. Does it only hurt when you stretch ? Or when you use it too (contract it) ? You can do hot and cold on it. So with a heat pad or corn bag that you can heat in the microwave....do heat for 3 mins then ice for 1 and repeat. This will flush the muscle with blood to help healing. Keep stretching it and use a foam roller if regular motion has no pain... I caution against using any pain meds during practice.....pain will tell you to stop, if you are masking the pain with a med, you may push hard during practice and make the injury worse or re occur. If you have full range of motion and no pain with regular movements....you could slowly start strengthening again.

You said a few weeks ago. Does it only hurt when you stretch ? Or when you use it too (contract it) ? You can do hot and cold on it. So with a heat pad or corn bag that you can heat in the microwave....do heat for 3 mins then ice for 1 and repeat. This will flush the muscle with blood to help healing. Keep stretching it and use a foam roller if regular motion has no pain... I caution against using any pain meds during practice.....pain will tell you to stop, if you are masking the pain with a med, you may push hard during practice and make the injury worse or re occur. If you have full range of motion and no pain with regular movements....you could slowly start strengthening again.
It hurts during vault and floor, but mostly during stretching. It does hurt when I use it just walking around or sitting down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back