WAG Question about Meet Scheduling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I too believe it is universal for the many reasons stated above. And I think as with other sports and activities (i.e., marching band), you are talking about competition of an entire team. If a member of a soccer team, football, marching band gets sick, the rest of the team still plays and schedule is not affected. In gymnastics obviously, when girls get injured, are scratched for whatever reason the whole schedule shifts.

That said, it is my experience, and I ran the risk of being jumped on, but this is my experience, coaches or meet organizers tend not to put too much emphasis in the business/organizational aspects of gymnastics.

That said, it is my experience, and I ran the risk of being jumped on, but this is my experience, coaches or meet organizers tend not to put too much emphasis in the business/organizational aspects of gymnastics.

I guess it depends on your perspective. Our oldest daughter did equestrian competitions when she was younger. Every single one that we attended was a disorganized mess. We had to set aside the entire day just to be there for a total of 10 minutes of riding. Compared to that, gymnastics meets are a shining example of planning, organization, and precision.

Thank you everyone for your answers! I think I learned what I needed to know. MeetDirector, I was hoping you would chime in.

Yes! I get it, though club owners and coaches want to do what they love, and what they do best- coach gymnastics! Running a business with no actual training in how to do so is daunting. There are so many resources available for business owners through community colleges, state and local municipalities (small business development offices), and local networking/professional organizations.

I see so many small, simple ways that things could be improved at our gym (and bigger things too, of course). Both on the rec and team side of things. The coaching is great, and I haven't really heard many complaints about the coaching. The problems are with the business side of things. Communication is the biggest, but there are issues with managing staff, getting the bathrooms cleaned, billing, scheduling, etc. It seems like just a little more effort into the business side of things would save so much frustration, and prevent bigger issues from developing. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back