Question about prep op?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! So today I just found out that I'm going to be going to Novice Prep Op, I am excited because I get my own routines :D could someone give me a description about the skills that can be included in each event? :) thank you!

when i competed prep opt novice my routines:
Vault:
resi - mat (Lvl 4)

Bars:
pullover
front hip
back hip
sol circle

Beam:
jump series (I think)
Half turn
skill passing thru verticle ... handstand or cartwheel usually
i kinda forget the rest

Floor:
round off back handspring or back extension roll
full turn
jump series
acros series
dance series
i could be wrong kinda forget floor too

My coaches told me there could be a RO BHS BT and a FHS FT on floor, and on beam a BWO and FT as a dismount. and on bars a flyaway, and vault i was told was a fhs......

What state are you in? All states have different names for the levels of prep op. In nc, novice used to be like level 5 skills but others have talked about novice as more like level 6-7. You can try to go to your states gymnastics website to see if they specify skill requirements.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Your coach will let you know what skills you need. At many of the gyms in our area each gym has them do all the same routines for their first year (different routine at each gym though). Your coach will be able to evaluate you and let you know which skills will be best for you. They also have the book with all the listed allowed moves for each level for your state.

our prep novices do..

bars: pullovers, back hip circles on low and high bar, undershoot dismount off high bar, level 5 bar dismount or sole circle, some include a front hip circle and one or two of the girls kip. None of the novices do flyaways

Beam: a few do handstands, most cartwheel, and a couple do BWO, leap, coupe turn (most half, but one girl does a full), the favorite jump is a wolf, but tuck and split jumps are allowed too, dismount is a FHS or FT

Floor: the two main tumbling passes I see from our team are RO-BHS-BHS, and FHS-RO-BHS. Tucks are allowed as well. Many BWO's and back extensions are thrown in along with the jumps, leap, and turns

Vault: Mix between L4 and L5 vault- They vault over the table and block off onto the resi behind it in a hollow body landing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back