questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi,
I have a gymnastics meet this weekend coming and I was woundering if anyone knows how the Australian scoring works??
Also are you supposed to wear undies under the leotards for a competition?
thanks heaps! :)
x

Hi, like I said in the other post, no you are not supposed to wear underwear under your leotard. They are designed to be worth with out them just like your swimmers.

How the scoring works will depend on what level you are competing. I'm going to assume about level 4, but correct me if I'm wrong and I'll explain better.

So you have two scores - the D score (difficulty) and the E score (execution).

The D score is how difficult your routine is. If you do all the required skills in your routine then the D score is 5.00, but if you have bonus skills then the score is higher, for each bonus skill you get 0.2 added to you D score and you can have up to 2 bonus skills (unless you are in QLD, then you can only have 1). You D score goes down if you leave out a core skill. So for example if you forget your handstand on beam then you lose one mark and your D score goes down to 4.0. Also if you do skills that don't meet the minimum requirements like a cast not high enough you lose 0.5 from your D score. So hopefully your D score will be between 5-5.4

Then you have your E score, this is the execution score and it is a mark out of 10. You start with 10 and you lose marks for mistakes you make. If its a small mistake like un pointed toes, or a little separation on your legs you lose 0.1, for a bigger mistake like not enough split in leaps or bent legs you lose 0.3.

For big mistakes like really bent arms and legs you lose 0.5. And if you fall or hit your feet on the ground in bars you lose 1.00 (a whole mark).

In the end you get your D score and your E score added together and thats you final score.

So lets say for example you do your beam routine and you have all the requirements but no bonus's then your D score will be 5.00, and lets say you make about 2.00 in mistakes so your E score will be 8.0.

You add the D score (5.0) and the E score (8.0) together and you get 13.0 and that is your final score.

You D score goes down if you leave out a core skill. So for example if you forget your handstand on beam then you lose one mark and your D score goes down to 4.0.

Just a small correction. If you forgot the handstand in this example you would lose 2.0 from the D score. 1.0 For the omission and 1.0 for the value of the skill.

OK, well level 2 is very similar. Your D score will be 5.0 if you have all your skills in there, but there are no bonus skills. And you don't lose quite as much if you leave out a skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back