Rant

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
My gymnasts have a competition on Saturday.
When we sent the entries off, we had to put down a nominated judge. The judge we put can no longer do it as she is on holiday. Our club only has 4 judges - 2 of them are on holiday, I have gymnast in the competition so am supposed to be taking them round. The other judge is still to reply - so at the moment she might be able to do it.
The rant however, is about the fact that we have been told that if we can't provide a judge, our gymnasts can't compete! I think that this is absolutely disgusting. How dare they punish the gymnasts when it clearly isn't their fault.
Perhaps the region should put more judging courses on!
ARGH! I am so angry right now as it looks like I am going to have to judge and have another coach take my gymnasts round - at the level they are competing at I think it is pretty bad that they can't have their own coach with them! (Either that or they don't compete at all!)

Is it standard practice not to allow a club to compete if they can't provide a judge? It's not like it's the World Championships, just a regional level comp!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back