Coaches Refuses to do 1 event

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdog- Yes she has no issues going upside down on other events. She is doing a L4 vault w/ a spot. She can do front rolls, straddle rolls, back rolls, cartwheels, 1 hand cartwheels, round offs, handstands, handstand front roll, and is really close to her backbend on floor. Beam she can do front support, v-sit to stand, coupe walks, scale, walks forwards-backwards-sidewards, bunny hops, kicks, pivot turn. It's only the bars that she has fears and I'm not sure of the exact reason why. She use to do pullovers and skin the cats but just stopped doing them one day- and that day was months ago. Now she will only do skills that do not involve going upside down- front support, casts, glide swings, jump low to high bar w/ spot, etc.

The Patti Komara reference was a silly comment. I wouldn't actually move for my child to do gymn as its just on the Rec level. Patti isn't just a Preschool gym so I'm not sure where you got that from. When I attended her seminar she had children of all ages and ability levels. I love her approach to teaching and USAG does as well as she has been featured in articles for them.
Patti's All American

I am well aware of that. It also shows that you can be a successful gymnast and athlete without ever being competitive. This entire discussion has been pertaining to the Rec level- meaning non-competitive- so bringing up Patti's gym was a valid observation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back