WAG Region 5 coaches pay

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here we're paid hourly, the same rate as usual. So if the session is supposed to last 4 hours, we are paid 4 hours. Were are also paid for the time it takes to travel to the meet, except for the local ones, but at a lower rate (10$/hour I think).

The club rent cars and we carpool when meets are not near, so it's cheaper than paying a certain amount for every kilometers to the coach who used its car. If a coach decides to takes its car, the club won't pay for the gas.

We have per diem for the meals, 10$ for breakfast, 15$ for lunch and 20$ for supper. The number of each is decided by the time we leave home and come back.

Our club director plans the carpool and rent the cars according to our scheduled session. She also book hotel rooms and plans the numbers of each meal we're going to have for every coach. We are a big club, more than 3000 gymnasts, so it's a lot of planning. But it works!

For example, next weekend we have a meet 2h30 away. I carpool on friday afternoon even tough my gymnasts are competing on saturday morning and sunday morning. I'll have 2 breakfast, 2 lunches and 2 suppers paid. I'll also have two nights paid at the hotel. We sometimes get at the meet really in advance or have wait for other coaches to finish to come back, but this allows the club to stay in control of the expenses.

Parents don't pay coaches fees. These are included in the amount they pay when they register their kid for the year. They only have to pay the registration fee for each competition (about 85$). Most meets here are free for the parents to attend.

Reactions: sce
at our gym we pay a flat rate for meets. no extras for coaches expenses. all of our local meets provide food through out the day. i do know that the gym covers (guessing out of the flat rate for meets) all coaches expenses on the away meets (hotel, food, ect...). we have one coach that has taken advantage of this. i don't care as long as i'm not paying out any more money to cover mimosas and expensive drinks and excessive lodging.

what i don't like from the posts i've read is that the coaches miss out on hourly wages if they are at a meet and not in the gym. i don't think it's fair that they miss out on say, 15 hours of hourly wages due to a weekend meet where they are at the meet all weekend vs. a flat fee for being at a meet and they are spending 3 hours per meet and up to 9-10 hours/day. i think they should get paid hourly regardless. they are working after all. i know a lot of coaches aren't highly paid to begin with so that could be a hardship for some. since we don't have a booster club, i don't really know what the coaches get paid for meets.

So let me get this straight... you expect a coach to travel one hour each way for one season (4 hours).... And you are asking the coach not to charge you $25 dollars.... And you think that's being fair to you? Really? what's your whole day worth? $70 dollars, plus gas? Stop being cheap with your coaches people... And it's not your money if its supposed to go towards someone else....

You know, they asked a valid question because they're trying to be fair, and the OP didn't deserve your rude response.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News