Parents Requesting thought/prayers or whatever you can give!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sydsmom

We go in for DD's spine check up on monday. I am hoping she is healed enough to get back to practice. She has been out for 6 weeks now...which is killer when it comes to advancing levels. All she needed before the injury is the dreded kip. Before the injury the coach said that she could move to 5 just not compete till she got it. About a week after injury they changed the rules and said if you don't have all skills by July 30th no advancing!!
But said that they will give her 1 week after she gets cleared for evaluation. 1 WEEK to get a kip??? WTH??
I find it hard beleive ANYONE got thier kip in a week! anyway...I digress...
I was hoping for healing and good kip toughts from our parent group...thanks in advance and I'll let you know how Monday goes *fingers crossed*

Sending good thoughts your way! Just try not to think of the gym stuff until she gets past the DR. visit. Hope all goes smoothly on Monday-keep us posted!

I know this is driving you crazy, but these things take time and even if she is cleared she should ease back into gym and not go full kilter into it her first week back.

You know that I know where this can take you. Believe me a whole year of no activity at all is way worse than a 6 week break, ask my DD.

I hope your DD is completely healed, but please put the whole kip thing, and the pressure that goes with it, onto the back burner until you know she has her strength and endurance back. Or you will be right back here with me in a month or so.

I know this is driving you crazy, but these things take time and even if she is cleared she should ease back into gym and not go full kilter into it her first week back.

You know that I know where this can take you. Believe me a whole year of no activity at all is way worse than a 6 week break, ask my DD.

I hope your DD is completely healed, but please put the whole kip thing, and the pressure that goes with it, onto the back burner until you know she has her strength and endurance back. Or you will be right back here with me in a month or so.

Good thought...yes my number 1 is her back. I think was very lucky that it's only a sprain!!

prayers & happy thoughts going your way. I know it is hard, but sometimes good comes from bad. If she has to do L4 again I am sure somewhere down the line you & she will see some good things that come from it, that would not have happened if she went to L5.

be sure to keep us posted.

1st, hope the back is completely healed---that is the priority. I thought you were looking into a prep op program??

1st, hope the back is completely healed---that is the priority. I thought you were looking into a prep op program??

We are the plan would be do 1 level 5 comp. then move to prep op. We have to do 1 regular competition or she won't qualify for prep op because she was a level 3 last season.

My thoughts and prayers are with DD's back being healed and getting a green light to get back in the gym! Nothing is harder for a gymnast then not being in the gym!

I don't know anything about back injuries but I know we often have gymnasts recovering in the gym doing light work, stretching or conditioning. Maybe if you don't get a green light you can ask what she can do.

As for the kip - yes, I do think it is possible to get it in a week. It's not like she is learning it for the first time. Can she lay on the floor and hold a pole over her head? I don't remember where I originally saw it but DD use to lay on the floor with a broom stick in her hands over her head and with straight arms bring it to her thighs.

That said I think it stinks they are only giving her a week. Talk about pressure :eek:

Let us know how it goes Monday

She is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all is well and healed with her back. And if all is well..that she is able to get that kip..if not within a week...then she has plenty of time to take it slower and have it for next season. Keep us posted on how it goes with the DR. on monday

My DD and I are praying for your daughter's fast recovery! And when she is healthy enough and cleared to start training again we are wishing that she gets her kip fast!!!! It can happen! Good luck.

Well I wish I had better news...turns out it's a stress fracture of the L3. She's out 3 months now. I have never seen her cry so hard...which of course made me cry. They said absolutly NOTHING!!! She even has a note for PE that says the only thing she can do is walk the track!
The doc said that if she still has pain at her next check up, then they will do a bone scan and possibly surgery...
I asked if her huge growth spurt could have caused this (she grew 7 inches in 8 months!!) They said no it's just a repetative motion injury...
I told her that she is couch surfing for now.
Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers!!! We really appreciate it. There must be a reason for the injury in the grand scheme of things....maybe to help her appreciate her gift...or make her slow down.

Aww that stinks but I do agree that there is some purpose to this awful time for your Dd. Dr. Ali Arnold has some good persective on this if you want to check her website out. She spoke at our gym and one of the parents who's Dd had a year of injuries ask her about it. Name of website is head games.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back