ROBHS Fear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Could anyone offer any advice for overcoming a fear of ROBHS on floor? I was doing them just fine for a few months, and then I just started balking. I didn't fall or hurt myself, I just got scared.

I can do them without a problem as long as there is any kind of mat there. I spent most of tonight weaning myself down to the thinnest mat I could safely use, no problem. I can do them up onto mats stacked a foot high without any issues. I've been trying to visualize, but that's not helping either. I'm starting to teach my muscles to balk after a round-off, and I know that's just dangerous. I mostly work at open gym, so I don't really have a coach at my gym I can talk to.

Any advice?

stop the neg. thoughts - breathe - visualize. i saw this somwhere on the forum early..i dont remember who. credit to whoever it was! aha, it helped me alot!

That happened to me before too! I didn't have a coach either so here is what i did!

Well first i imagined my self doing it!

Can you do a standing back-handspring? Well if you can, do your roundoff the pause to do a back handspring. While you do that keep on making the pause shorter until it completely connects!
If that doesn't work try it on a tumble track until you feel comfortable then try it on the floor!

Hope that helps!
PS. I bet you have it now! I'm probably 2 late! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back