ROBHS Keeping Legs Together!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilgymnast7

I have had my ROBHS for about two years now. I guess the problem of landing my round off with my legs wide apart was never fixed or corrected much until now. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on keeping feet together for the round off before the back handspring. My round off on its own is near perfect, but when I add the back handspring I land my round off in a "sumo" position. My legs do end up coming together in the back handspring part though. I have been told to try to keep my ankles together, look for my feet, and various other things along those lines. However, I have had no success. Is there anything not mentioned that I should think of, or any tip or trick that helped you? As hard as I try and think about it, my feet just don't land together!! Thanks in advance to all who respond :)

I have absolutely no advice for you, but wanted you to know that my daughter has the exact same problems and for the exact same reasons. My daughter is in level 5 and in her RO BHS BHS, her second BHS is much better than the first because the first comes out of the RO.

I swear that she has tried everything to fix it!

I know you will get some good advice but just wanted to tell you that you are not alone! My daughter has also had her BHS for about 2 years.

Thanks! I am glad to hear I am not alone on this! Hopefully some great advice will come our way.

I have the same problem. Try to get the same feeling as if you were trying to jump through a small hole that you can only fit through if your legs are together. Sounds weird but worth a shot. Also, do ROBHS on a line and try to get both feet on the line.

Other things to try:
Do roundoff with feet together, short pause, back handspring with no arm swing. Try to get the pause time shorter and shorter.
ROBHS on a line of panel mats.
ROBHS on low beam with panel mats built up enough that you don't have to worry about getting your hands together or anything-- just your feet.
Round off with legs together, rebound to back on mat.

Thanks I will definately keep those things in mind!! Its quite funny because when I put my ROBHS on the line my coach claimed it was even worse!! The idea of thinking my feet have to land in a small hole sounds like an excellent way to visualize it.

you can get shackles (a stretchy piece of band that goes from one leg to the other) to keep your legs together or do it on tumble trak with a bean bag inbetween you legs or pit foam block :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back