WAG Round-off on beam fear?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I suddenly have a fear of doing round offs on beam (not dismount). I have been doing them on the floor beam, but can't find any motivation/bravery to do them on a low beam. I used to be able to do this skill on the low beam but I all of a sudden got a mental block. I believe that my round-off is quite decent, but I am mostly afraid of the landing of the skill. I feel like I land too forward, which causes some pain in my ankles. I am also nervous about where my feet land on the beam. Any tips on stopping the mental block and advice on how to improve the round-off would be awesome!

Do them with panel mats on the sides of the low beam. And work your way back to low beam.
Also, do them up to a panel mat or 8-inch mat to practice turning the round-off over so when you go on the beam you don't land with your chwat low and hurt your ankles.

go back to cartwheels and then try the above ^^^.

Can you do a perfect cartwheel and land in an arabesque and hold it? If so, can you do perfect cartwheel step ins? Can you do round off up hill, which means your hands go on the floor for example, but your feet land on an 8 incher? Can you land this with your hips tucked under and chest up? If you cannot, master these and there will be no fear in round offs on the beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back