WAG Roundoff backhandspring help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would say do some drills for your roundoffs that show how much power you need for the backhand spring itself. Try a panel mat on the floor or tumble trak, stand on top, do roundoffs with hands at end of panel mat, then snap up. If your roundoff has enough power, then you don't need that extra hop before the backhandspring

How do you do that?

You were kidding right?
Round offs are supposed to rebound. They bounce. If you are doing a round off that doesn't bounce, you really need to wait until you get one that does before trying to connect a back handspring to it.

If you do round offs that rebound with your back landing on the level 4 vault mat, that would be a good start. you have to get used to the round off doing the work, otherwise; there wouldn't be a reason to do a round off before the handspring.

You were kidding right?
Round offs are supposed to rebound. They bounce. If you are doing a round off that doesn't bounce, you really need to wait until you get one that does before trying to connect a back handspring to it.

If you do round offs that rebound with your back landing on the level 4 vault mat, that would be a good start. you have to get used to the round off doing the work, otherwise; there wouldn't be a reason to do a round off before the handspring.

Well I didn't really understand what you were saying sorry. An yes i can do a roundoff rebound then land on my back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back