MAG San Diego gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
For those who know, what is the most competitive gym in San Diego for level 8 and up? What gym in San Diego is very good with details and who has a very good experienced coach/es? Thank you.

There is not much in San Diego as men's gymnastics goes. Mission Valley YMCA has produce strong kids in the past. You might check out SCEGA in Temecula. Their level 8's and 9's do very well at Nationals

calelitecoach: What gym do you suggest then in the surrounding areas that has very good coaches and known to be competitive, aside from Scega? Thanks again.

Calelitecoach: Also, what do you know abt Ivan Flores as a gymnast/coach in Flip Force San Diego? They don't have a gymnastics team (yet), but there might be options there. What abt the current standing of the YMCA team (Mission Valley/Toby Wells) and with their new coach, how have they been doing? Thanks again.

I know that North County gymnastics just recently formed a boys' team (they've competed like 2 seasons.) They don't have any upper levels as the program is still building.

There is Pac Coast in San Marcos and Ecke YMCA in Carlsbad that have boys teams both in North County San Diego.

Meetscoresonline is a great resource to check competition scores. I'm sorry I don't have any information about the programs or reputation of the coaches in question. There are only a handful of programs in the So Cal area that can develop young boys through level 10. We drive about 60 miles round trip 6 days a week for my son. SCATs was the best choice for our boy. He has been there since pre-team. Lucky enough that we have SCATs, Azarian, South Coast, and New Hope in our area. Be prepared to put in the miles for a good program. My son has had Adam, the head coach of SCEGA at clinics and camps. The boys from SCEGA are well behaved and are very friendly with my son. Good luck in finding a program. Maybe it is worth investing in a new young program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back