MAG Scorebook?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

JessMom

Proud Parent
Hi, I created a scorebook / journal for my daughter and was asked by a friend to create one for her nephew. I know close to nothing about men's gymnastics.

different events obviously . . .

Is the scoring and levels the same?

I don't think boys would be interested in much of the journal type stuff?

Probably more score / skill focused?

Any direction, suggestions or advise is appreciated.

This is the book I made for girls

My Journal and Scorebook - GYMNASTICS | Book Preview

THANKS!!!
Debbie

Hi,

What a nice book you have created! I am not that creative but I can offer some help to get you started on the boy version.

Boys are different of course! : ) My son would probably like something to keep track of his meet scores, his basic level skills and bonus achievements for each event at each level.

Here is a link to the rules for 2009-2012 Mens Olympic Age Group Comptetion program with specific skills for Level 4-10

[FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]http://www.ngja.org/images/stories/2009-2012/JO_docs/2009_2012_JO_Compusory_Symbols_02-10.pdf
[/FONT][/FONT]

Mens Artistic Gymnastics comprises 6 Events, as below, with the JO boys level six scoring to give you some idea:

Men's Olympic Order:

Floor Exercise[FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]
Level 6: 15.0
[/FONT][/FONT]Base (1.5 per part) [FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]+ 0.6 [/FONT][/FONT]Special Bonus [FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]+0.3 [/FONT][/FONT]Virtuosity [FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]+0.1 [/FONT][/FONT]Stick ([FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]16.0 [/FONT][/FONT]Maximum

Pommel Horse
Level 6: 15.0 Base (1.5 per part) + 0.6 Special Bonus +0.3 Virtuosity +0.1 Stick (on [FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]both [/FONT][/FONT]dismounts) 16.0 Maximum Score

Rings
[FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]Level 6 [/FONT][/FONT]15.0 Base (1.5 per part) + 0.6 Special Bonus +0.3 Virtuosity +0.1 Stick 16.0 Maximum Score

Vault (including mushroom for the lower levels)
[FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]Level 6 [/FONT][/FONT]15.0 Base +0.5 Performance Bonus +0.2 Stick 15.7 Maximum Score

Parallel Bars
[FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]Level 6 [/FONT][/FONT]15.0 Base (1.5 per part) + 0.6 Special Bonus +0.3 Virtuosity +0.1 Stick 16.0 Maximum

Horizontal Bar
[FONT=ArialMT,Bold][FONT=ArialMT,Bold]
Level 6
[/FONT][/FONT]15.0 Base (1.5 per part) + 0.6 Special Bonus +0.3 Virtuosity +0.1 Stick 16.0 Maximum

Thank you so much. That is very helpful. Does the gymnasts receive each part of their score or just a total score?

So far he just gets a total score for each event., However, his coach knows what his potential score could be (with no mistakes) with the bonuses he is able to add to the compulsory elements.

Thanks - would it be helpful to have someplace in the book for that information? If they achieved the extra stuff?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back