WAG Serious training... curious, how much does it cost

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As of 4/5 years ago rules for 501C is that the gymnasts could not benefit unequally due to how much fundraising they each do, however, organizations can have other criteria that is NOT related to fundraising, so for example, booster club can pay for fees for girls going to Easterns/Nationals (which would only be L9/10.... or they can pay for all girls attending a certain meet, so if only 9/10s go to that meet, then that is how it goes.... What they cannot due, is limit it to only the girls/families that participated in the fundraisers. Now, that may have changed in the past few years...we are now at a gym without a boosterclub, so admittedly I have no knowledge of current rules.

As of 4/5 years ago rules for 501C is that the gymnasts could not benefit unequally due to how much fundraising they each do, however, organizations can have other criteria that is NOT related to fundraising, so for example, booster club can pay for fees for girls going to Easterns/Nationals (which would only be L9/10.... or they can pay for all girls attending a certain meet, so if only 9/10s go to that meet, then that is how it goes.... What they cannot due, is limit it to only the girls/families that participated in the fundraisers. Now, that may have changed in the past few years...we are now at a gym without a boosterclub, so admittedly I have no knowledge of current rules.

no..this is very accurate.

I am from New York. The $375 is too much for 4 hours. My daughter is a third year Level 10. We've been to so many meets through the years and are very familiar woth the strong teams. We are also familiar witg the gyms that may charge too much but cannot deliver. PM me and I cn tell you everything I know.

Thank you so much for the offer, I sent you a PM. I sent this info to you but I wanted to amend/clarify the info to set the record straight.

Both prices are for 4 hours/week.
First Gym: $375 x 9.5 months = ~$3500
Second Gym: $221 x 9.5 months = ~$2,100

After all the comments I just went back to the original paperwork (it was not a good idea to rely on my memory).

I thought the dues were monthly but there are no dues the last month. The actual cost for the school year is exactly $381.25 x 8 = $3,050 (9.5 months) ~ $321/month. (I’m not sure if that’s still ridiculous or more inline)

The other gym is 5 x $435 = $2,175 (for 9.5 months comes to ~ $229/month)

Also, the detail that got lost somewhere along the way. My DD got offers to join two different level 2 teams (long story covered in a post awhile back). The one she joined was the less expensive option (not for that reason but that’s another story).

Thanks for helping me keep it real and for everyone's concerns.

Just food for thought. My daughter is in the elite group that trains during the day as well as with the bulk of the team at night. We don't pay much at all for the daytime training. They WANT the girls they've asked and don't want them to say no because of money! So not all gyms make you pay out the wazoo for the elite training portion. That is my lowest fee!

^^^ this! I'm in the UK, but my clubs gymnasts that are doing elite training pay less for their elite hours than they do for normal squad hours

I'm going to keep all DDs comp Leo's and see them together to make her prom dress one day. (That is if she even wants to go to prom :p)
At our gym, we have a mom who cuts off the sleeves for the girls so they can wear old comp leos during a normal practice, without dying (Spelling?) of heat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back