WAG Serious training... curious, how much does it cost

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD has been on pre-team for about 2.5 months (previously rec but she had a leo or 2). I think she has 3 leos. At this rate we'll be able we'll be able to make bridesmaids dresses too.
ROFL

My daughter is not a clothes horse and she has 6. You need to snap out of it dude. :D

You will be able to dress the entire guest list when all is said and done.

Just wait until you have to buy her first competition leo. It will cost about as much as some bridesmaid dresses.
yep, $380 this year, and we have not even seen what it will look like yet. 8th year of team gymnastics, and I would guess we are at 60-70 leos so far. We sell them consignment at the gym as she out grows them.

is the booster club one of those regulated thingamabobs you all refer to ( sorry don't know the numbers), if so surely that contravenes the regs as it does not benefit all gymnasts ? Just a thought ?

Yes it is Iwannabemargo and we can only hope our girls will benefit in two years. It's just part of the culture and its been like this for years.

dd, lv 8 is about to start her 5th year of competition. She is on competition leo #5, a new one each year. Luckily, we have been blessed with purchasing 1 hand-me-down comp leo, and all the others have been reasonably priced. The first one was $180-ish, the second was $125, the third (hand-me-down) was $150, the fourth (we got at a HUGE discount bc ozone didn't get them to us on time) was $150, this year was also $150.

Long island too and monthly fee is $550, for 17 hours a week. That doesn't include the mandatory$2,000 booster club annual fee, meet fees, coaches fee and apparel fee. I just went back to work for my dd gymnastics passion. We are thinking private/home school next year which will be another expense. It's fun times here in NY!!

Wow! That sounds like a lot! Is that $550 for 17 hours and mansatory $2,000 for compulsory levels?

Anyone else from NY want to chime in here? o_O
I'm not very surprised we're on the high side since everything around here seems expensive to me.

I can't figure out the reference. (May have to look into this some more later today)

I am from New York. The $375 is too much for 4 hours. My daughter is a third year Level 10. We've been to so many meets through the years and are very familiar woth the strong teams. We are also familiar witg the gyms that may charge too much but cannot deliver. PM me and I cn tell you everything I know.

We have decided to weigh out pros and cons.....coaches are superb and DD loves her gym. Girls are safe and healthy and are appropriately challenged. Unfortunately the cost is a huge negative. :(o_O

Here is the issue...if it is a 501c3 then waht they are doing is very illegal and can cause problems for the club. That would be a big hesitation for me. Everyone in the club is supposed to receive benefits. Not equal, but benefits that are needed. That could cause IRS issues later down the road.

I will never again complain about our $250 leo that my DD has gotten three seasons out of. It seems only her arms and legs grow, not her torso! Our club only changes leos every 4 years or so, we get a lot of wear out of them. And our warm ups have been even longer

Anyone else from NY want to chime in here? o_O
I'm not very surprised we're on the high side since everything around here seems expensive to me.

I can't figure out the reference. (May have to look into this some more later today)
Over 400 dollars a month for 9 hours a week.

Then meet fees, coaches fees, camps. Privates for floor coreography. Comp leo/warm up which is about every 2-3 yrs for a change, but if they grow, ca ching.
Oh and don't forget the fun stuff, Holiday and banquet parties, coaches gifts, year book, gymmies gifts and awards.

Then our travel and costs of going to the meet.

Wow! That sounds like a lot! Is that $550 for 17 hours and mansatory $2,000 for compulsory levels?
Here is the issue...if it is a 501c3 then waht they are doing is very illegal and can cause problems for the club. That would be a big hesitation for me. Everyone in the club is supposed to receive benefits. Not equal, but benefits that are needed. That could cause IRS issues later down the road.

I think the way around it is coaches fees for all levels will be paid for through the booster at one meet.

yeah..not sure that is a real way around it. We are revamping a lot of our booster club with the assistance of a non-profit lawyer and have learned a lot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back