WAG Skill designation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
What does it mean when someone writes "flyaway 2/1" or "back 1/1". I'm assuming it is designating saltos and twists?

So a flyaway 2/1 is bars dismount where the gymnast saltos two times and then does one full twist before landing?

And a back 1/1 dismount is a back tuck/pike/layout followed by one full twist or doing a full twist WHILE doing the salto?

And these kids can't do bars release moves or yurchenko drills until L9, correct?

?

And these kids can't do bars release moves or yurchenko drills until L9, correct?

DD is training level 8 and they are practicing release moves and a double back for L8 (allowable Cs under new rules). Certain Yurchenkos are also allowed at L8 as well.

the 2/1 and 1/1 is a twist fraction - just like 3/2 would be a one and a half twist. It can be on any event. Tuck and Pike yurchenkos are allowed at level 8 (pike gets you a 10 start value).

the 2/1 and 1/1 is a twist fraction - just like 3/2 would be a one and a half twist. It can be on any event. Tuck and Pike yurchenkos are allowed at level 8 (pike gets you a 10 start value).

Well for heaven's sake..... what a complicated way to do things! LOL

Thanks everyone!

Those are called improper fractions. If your dd is above 2nd grade, she can probably explain them to you.

.... or at least, one hopes so.

(Sorry for the snark; couldn't resist)

Yeah, that was pretty snarky. :(

I just asked to learn. And I took calculus in college so I don't need my 3rd grader to explain fractions to me. I get it.

Hah, sorry. I think two days of listening to the new floor music is making me cranky. Also, I was going to delete that post, but didn't figure out how to do so on the cb mobile app until after you replied.

At any rate, my apologies

Hah, sorry. I think two days of listening to the new floor music is making me cranky. Also, I was going to delete that post, but didn't figure out how to do so on the cb mobile app until after you replied.

At any rate, my apologies

Thank you for your apology. I have been guilty of posting something that sounded quite funny in my head but didn't come across that way once I typed it so no worries. It's forgotten. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back