WAG Skipping New L5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That is what the new mobility requirements say now. However, USAG had orignally indicated that there was no mobility from old 5 to new 6.
Hmmmm, I was not aware of that. That would make sense but why then was everyone so worried about getting an old L6 mobility score this summer before the changes?

Here's the link to mobility scores from USAG:http://usagym.org/pages/women/pages/overview_jo.html
They will be correcting parts of this (eventually)... they switched the "old" and "new" ...but they are allowing gymnasts to go back and forth between new 5 and new 6. This was added as an option LATER... after everyone was told that you couldn't go straight from Old 5 to New 6. The multitude of "Bump Up" meets probably had some influence on that decision.

Based on the requirements for Xcel Platinum and L6, the girl OP was talking about actually took a step backwards. The coaches may end up having to petition her in OR having her score out.

I think since we do not have a centralized system and because of the sheer number of gymnasts in the USAG system it seems impossible to verify if a gymnast has met the qualifying score or mobility score. It would be great if we did have such a centralized system. The USFA (United States Fencing Association) has one such system. All meets have to be registered. When my son qualified for JO and the summer nationals, they had to verify if he really did qualify before even listing his name as a competitor.

Hmmmm, I was not aware of that. That would make sense but why then was everyone so worried about getting an old L6 mobility score this summer before the changes?
Because a lot of people are going from old L5 to new L7, skipping new 5/old 6 and new 6. From the looks of it in gyms we have friends in, there won't be anyone in new L6 around here, except maybe some fall back from girls that didn't get all their skills for new L7. (We're fall compulsories/spring optionals, so the one year from L5 to L7 in the old levels was not uncommon anyway).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back