WAG Slippery grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love gym

Coach
Gymnast
Hi, im looking for some knowledge about grips. My grips have got very slippery and have gone shiny. I use water and chalk is water the problem? Everytime i swing i slip off. I really hope someone has a way to fix them. New grips isnt really an option as i have a competition in 3 weeks.
I have included a picture but it looks like the light is making it shiny but its not

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
You could try using a grip brush. I prefer not to use water on my grips as it allows for a lot more chalk on the grip and with my grips the chalk comes off right away if I use water. This creates a feeling like I'm slipping off the bar. Do to those reasons I prefer to just put chalk on my grips and not use water, but I seem to be the only gymnast on my team that prefers not to use water.

Hi, im looking for some knowledge about grips. My grips have got very slippery and have gone shiny. I use water and chalk is water the problem? Everytime i swing i slip off. I really hope someone has a way to fix them. New grips isnt really an option as i have a competition in 3 weeks.
I have included a picture but it looks like the light is making it shiny but its not
So a few things. 1) Too much water can be a problem. 2) My ds uses a wire brush to rough his grips up every so often. 3) Grips do wear out

it looks like they've worn down (they look very thin...) - I'd suggest the wire brush @sce recommended for your competition in three weeks - and then a new pair of grips to follow.
Do those have a dowel ?- its hard to tell, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe try a pair with a dowel, it should help to grip more of the bar.

it looks like they've worn down (they look very thin...) - I'd suggest the wire brush @sce recommended for your competition in three weeks - and then a new pair of grips to follow.
Do those have a dowel ?- its hard to tell, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe try a pair with a dowel, it should help to grip more of the bar.

Thanks ill try the wire brush. They do have dowls Im so frustrated because i only got thise grips 4 monts ago and dont do much bars. Hopefully the wire brush will work.

Thanks ill try the wire brush. They do have dowls Im so frustrated because i only got thise grips 4 monts ago and dont do much bars. Hopefully the wire brush will work.
Buy the new ones soon, and start breaking them in. Always good to have a back-up pair.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back