Snack before practices?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

What should I eat before practice? I practice from 5:30-8:30, and I am not allergic to nuts.

I'm always absolutely starving so my snacks may be a little too big for some, but I like a low fat protein (grilled/roasted chicken breast and hard boiled egg whites are my two favourites), a fruit/veg and a complex carb (apples and soy spread are my favourite).

Omelettes with egg whites, veggies and a little bit of low fat cheese is great also and fairly quick. Smoothies with natural whey protein are good but too light for this bottomless pit unless I eat something with it. Quinoa with veg and chicken in it is delicious.

These are good for after gym also.

Oooooo, and how did I not mention avocado!? Avocado is full of HEALTHY fats which your body needs. I love it with a little lemon juice on it and sometimes a bit of salt if I feel my body needs sodium, since I eat a very low sodium diet.

Bananas also. 1/2 before and 1/2 during since they're so carby and sugary.

I eat something like almonds or cheez-its. Maybe if I wanna eat a little earlier I'll have a half of a turkey sandwich? I'm not really in to granola bars... but if you are then those are a good option! Anything light works really :p

CLIFF BARS! Ah! I love cliff bars, they've always gotten me through days where I couldn't go home to eat and needed the extra push.

I also am addicted to goldfish so I usually take the whole bag to eat on the way (I don't eat it all though).

Pasta is good too I think? I'm not an expert but it has carbs which I think is good before you work out. Hence pasta nights for sports teams.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back