Parents So proud of DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good to know. I was half imagining a brochure that said something to the effect and thinking ugh.

Oh my! That would be awful!

I think DD's first gym had a similar system. If you were under 6 and they thought you had potential to do team you went preschool, developmental, preteam, Level 4. If you were 6 you had to go through a beginner girls class, intermediate and then levels 1-3 before getting to level 4. I have to say that when DD did level 4 the girls that came from the fast track were far behind the girls that came from the levels. The developmental and preteam weren't advertised and the gym treated it like it was some big secret.

I think DD's first gym had a similar system. If you were under 6 and they thought you had potential to do team you went preschool, developmental, preteam, Level 4. If you were 6 you had to go through a beginner girls class, intermediate and then levels 1-3 before getting to level 4. I have to say that when DD did level 4 the girls that came from the fast track were far behind the girls that came from the levels. The developmental and preteam weren't advertised and the gym treated it like it was some big secret.
This sort of seems like what DD's gym is doing...although they haven't mentioned developmental, just pre-team. They have two levels called Junior Gymnast 2 and 3, which have regular scheduled practices and what I believe are before Level 4. They also have beginner and advanced beginner, which DD is skipping....Maybe they are secretive about it because they would be having everyone ask about moving to those levels if they even knew it was an option? I didn't know that DD could be considered for anything other than beginner for the next session, and was hoping they might let her register for it even though she wouldn't be 5 until half way through the fall session.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back