Some improvement, some disappointment, lots of fun

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
Older dd (11) went first this weekend and had her best meet of the year so far! She started on floor and did a great job - tumbling was good, double turn was better and leaps are getting tighter - scored 9.225 for third place in Level 8 Child division. On vault, they once again only did front handsprings, so started out of a 9, but did a very nice stuck front handspring and scored 8.45 for 1st place. Bars was her best of the year, had a nice save on a low bar handstand and a stuck dismount - scored 9.375, 1st place. Beam was last and she looked very calm and comfortable, 9.325 for second place. Overall, 36.375 for 1st All Around for "child" age group.

Little dd (now 7) went second and had some ups and downs. Started on bars and looked very nice - 9.2 for second place Level 4, 7 & under. Next, went to beam and did beautiful until she didn't make it over on her dismount, but got back up and made it the second time - 8.7 earning 4th place. This was her first fall on beam so she was very sad! I think unfortunately she carried it over to floor because she looked completely off - no real falls, but definitely not herself - 8.825 for 6th place. She finally "recovered" for vault and ran hard - scored a 9.3 and received 2nd place. Scored a 36.025 for second place all around, but she definitely wasn't happy. I thought she did great and it was a great learning experience. I think she sees her sister do well and expects the same for herself.

I'm very proud of both of them. And very tired from a long weekend! Thanks for "listening"!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back