Parents Sore knees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SMH

Proud Parent
My gymnast had sore knees after practice tonight. Nothing happened during practice, just generally sore from use and when she walks and bends them. Is ice best to help with this?

My daughter keep having knee soreness that didn't seem to coincide with any particular knee injury. We used ice, massage, ibuprofen, more ice. It continued so we went to a doc who took xrays and did a physical exam and found nothing wrong, so he prescribed rest. When she resumed workouts, the pain continued, so she had MRIs, and it turn out she had stress fractures in both legs that caused the pain to radiate into her knee area.

So if the pain continues or worsens, and you can't find anything wrong with the structure of the knee, it could be something in the legs that she is feeling in her knees.

Yep she seems to be in the middle of a growth spurt

Right on the sides of her kneecaps
I would take her in. First to rule out any serious injury and second as she may benefit from some physical therapy.

Reactions: SMH
Definitely take her in. There are a lot reasons for knee pain and you want to rule out as much as possible.

Reactions: sce
Thanks everyone! She was in to the doctor maybe a month ago for hyperextention- she wasn’t in pain this morning, but if it continues I will certainly take her in!

Especially with history of hyperextension injury, I agree talk to doctor. More rest, therapy or other treatment may be needed.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back