Off Topic Sports Parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Swiftli

Proud Parent
So I have two sons-6 and 7. They are quite a handful and seem to feel it is ok to wrestle just about anywhere.

I signed them up for soccer and they ended up on the same team. At practice they are just all over the place...playing in the dirt, kicking each others shin pads, climbing the soccer goal net--like I said--quite a handful.

As a parent, I feel it is my duty to correct them on their behavior so the coach and the others players can focus on soccer. Well the whole practice the coach would say to them "remember rule 3"...over and over again.

At the end of practice, she stood them on the sideline and had them repeat the 3 golden rules..1 & 2 i don't really remember something like respect each other...RULE 3 was..."While at soccer only listen to the coach and not your parents"

I am on the fence on how I feel about this. I understand why she is doing doing it but it is not like I am coaching from the sidelines or yelling at other players. If my kid is kicking his brother or climbing soccer nets and the coach isn't correcting that behavior, you better beleive that as a mom, I will be correcting that behavior.

It would have been different if instead of reminding them what rule 3 was, that she was telling them not to kick each other.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back