Squad colours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tally Ho

Coach
Proud Parent
Our squad is looking at new colour options for our squad girls leotards but just wondered what a lot of other clubs have as we want to try to be a bit different!

About 3 years ago I noticed a lot of black or black and pink. This year at national competitions I noticed an awful lot of blues especially from the big clubs. I have also notice more white leos coming in. Not many reds. I am sure other people will have noticed that so expect a lot of red in two years time. lol. If you go for purple and green stripes you will be fine :)

Our region still has a lot of dark colours. I actually found it difficult to spot dd at a recent comp as many of the leos were similar. Lots of blacks and purples and combinations of the two and quite a few black and red. But black everywhere and often combined with another dark colour. At nationals I did notice blue and blue and white and also blue and black combos, which looked nice and some silver too.

I think if you go for a plain colour and maybe a bold one yours will stand out as hardly anyone does that and when they do I think it's very striking.

No-body does yellow or orange...

I've seen two yellow teams in the past couple of years. One had leos the color of Grey Poupon mustard (do you have that in the UK or is that just something they try to sell us over here in the US as a British product?). That one was not so attractive or flattering. The other one was a bright yellow, but it was only used as an accent color. The main leo was black and then they had a neat yellow design on the back of the leo. It was very pretty and distinctive.

There used to also be a team that had orange as one of their colors (I think they were orange, blue and white). They made the unfortunate decision to go with a white leo and orange accents. The leo wasn't so bad, but the orange bled into the white on some of the leos and totally ruined them.

The color that is just starting to become popular in our area is bright green. Two new gyms opened recently and both chose that as their color.

ours is Black with silver sparkles and gold stars. Our county colours are Black and Gold. Before that we had blue with green stripes.

this was our county one
http://www.milano-pro-sport.com/data/default/images/catalog/medium/damask bod yellow copy.jpg

this is our club one
upload_2013-10-22_18-34-54.png

Dd's Club Competition leotard was Red with a large white flower on the side trunk with some sparkles, I have heard that they are changing the leotards near Christmas, I have no idea what it will look like

We're kelly green and black (and in the past we've thrown in gold). No one else in the state is green so we always stand out.

Ours are blue, white and silver, but given the odd style am pretty sure we wont come across another club similar !

I think Tolworth new leos are orangey colour ?

Will do poll at this weekends comp and report back, lots of clubs competing.

iwannabemargot love your leos x

That's pretty Margo. I love that colour combo. But you are never going to convince me that the county one is 'black and gold' - it's yellow!!! Black and yellow. It's ok, move on...

I was actually joking about the plain yellow and orange thing. No-one wants their team to look like a load of pokemon going to battle do they?

Our leos are white with pink, green and black accents and lots of sparkles. Our girls are easy to pick out at meets as 90% of the other gyms are black with some color added. It does seem that black and another dark color seems to be the majority of the leos in our area. The accent colors I have seen have been red, yellow, blue and silver.

Our gym uses combinations of purple, teal, black, and white, but not all teams from the gym use all four colors. We get to see our new team leos for the lower level AAU tonight, I hope.

The Milano white leotards wash really well because they are not foil they are 'thick white'. I have found them much better wearing than the shiny foil coloured ones.

I just got my DD a white Milano one in the sale. She is dark skinned and it looks amazing. It's double thickness at the front for modesty (not that it's necessary at her age).

We used to be red and black (before my gymmies started competing) but so were a lot of the teams in our district... so we went to Columbia Blue (our warm ups were navy, columbia blue, and white). Then, we had to change leos after Columbia Blue velvet was discontinued, so we were black, columbia blue, and white... but that was considered a special order after the first year... so we have changed again - but still using black and columbia blue with silver sequinz ... I will get to see the real deal tomorrow at the parent meeting. I gotta know what my $500 bought this year! (2 leos, 2 sets of warm ups, 2 bags, and our district competitor fee x2) :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back