MAG Stanford Open

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Looking for suggestions on where to stay for this meet. We are booked currently from Thurs- Mon, as my ds could compete Friday morning or Sunday night (great, right?) Any ideas? If you are going, where are you staying?

don't have a ds, but dd has been to Stanford several times. We stayed at Embassy Suites in Santa Clara. Not that bad of a drive.

Good Luck.

don't have a ds, but dd has been to Stanford several times. We stayed at Embassy Suites in Santa Clara. Not that bad of a drive.

Good Luck.

Really? That's pretty far. What level hotel are you looking for? I would look
at the Creekside Inn, Stanford Inn, or courtyard inn in Palo Alto. All these are on El Camino near Stanford. Or there are a few in Menlo Park on El Camino, Best Western comes to mind but there are others.

Creekside was full when I checked. I will look at the others. Looking for somethign decent. Hoping we can just stay 3 nights with the cost. The schedule is out, and it looks like he competes Friday so we can come home Sunday. But wow.

Look in Mountain View on El Camino as well. Santa Clara is definitely pretty far from Stanford especially when you factor in traffic. I grew up in that area and went to Stanford all the time for school trips (and football games of course :))

Let me know if you need recommendations for things to do while you're there!

Reactions: sce
Omg while thinking of things to do around Stanford, Cafe Barrone's popped into my head. It's 5 mins down the street from the Stanford main entrance. This was soooooo the "coolest" hangout when I was in high school. They have the best hot chocolate I have ever had, and their homemade whipped cream is most likely hand crafted by Jesus himself. Now that I think of it, could you possibly order a cup of just whipped cream and send it to me!?!? :p
Holy Moses that stuff is amazing. Crap now I'm drooling.

So, I have had several people suggest Santa Clara and several tell me it is too far. D competes at 9am on Friday morning, so we would leave the hotel (if in SC) at about 8:158:30. Would i tbe longer than 20 minutes there? 20 minutes is nothing to us ;)

Interesting. I have mapped it online several times...and I get 20 minutes. hmmm... 25 minutes.

Now I am not sure what to do. We really only go to the venue 2 times...so that isn't a huge problem. Maybe 3...

So, I have had several people suggest Santa Clara and several tell me it is too far. D competes at 9am on Friday morning, so we would leave the hotel (if in SC) at about 8:158:30. Would i tbe longer than 20 minutes there? 20 minutes is nothing to us ;)

Much longer than 20 minutes on a Friday morning.

Omg while thinking of things to do around Stanford, Cafe Barrone's popped into my head. It's 5 mins down the street from the Stanford main entrance. This was soooooo the "coolest" hangout when I was in high school. They have the best hot chocolate I have ever had, and their homemade whipped cream is most likely hand crafted by Jesus himself. Now that I think of it, could you possibly order a cup of just whipped cream and send it to me!?!? :p
Holy Moses that stuff is amazing. Crap now I'm drooling.

Love Cafe Barrone, my kids gym is walking distance from there.

Interesting. I have mapped it online several times...and I get 20 minutes. hmmm... 25 minutes.

Now I am not sure what to do. We really only go to the venue 2 times...so that isn't a huge problem. Maybe 3...
Where in Stan Clara? You can set the day and time in Google and it gives you an idea of traffic times.

It says 24-25 minutes on a friday morning. not too bad really. We have to drive 45 minutes in the snow today......

SO right now, Google Maps is saying it is 35 minutes from the Embassy to the meet. Hmm. and that is with 2 accidents. Not too bad....but not great.

HOmewood suites or RI are my other options right now

SO right now, Google Maps is saying it is 35 minutes from the Embassy to the meet. Hmm. and that is with 2 accidents. Not too bad....but not great.

HOmewood suites or RI are my other options right now
I just checked aas it is about the time you would go on a Friday right now and now it says 45 minutes. There's road construction in the area that can throw things off too. Also, plan extra time on a Friday morning for finding and paying for parking. It is a regular day on campus so you can only park in certain lots. There are a few nearby but a bit of a walk to the Ford Center.

I like RI as you have a kitchen. And selfish me the above two choices are both closer to me. ;)

lol. I think we will stay closer. I like HOmewood (kitchen too I think). Ugh! I hate planning travel.....

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back