WAG State Championships!?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:eek: Im going to my level 6 state championships this weekend! Im soooo excited but sometimes i tend to get nervous. any tips that can help nervousness???:confused:

I don't know how the gymnasts hold it, I have to pee 20 times during a meet. It was the same when I was a competative swimming, I would have to pee numerous times right before my race. Good thing I was a swimmer!:rolleyes:

Anyways, you need to find what works for you with nerves. My DDs coach taught her to close her eyes, relax and take some deep breaths before she gets on the beam. It has seemed to help. She does fine with nerves on the other apparatus

Focus on your breathing--in and out, slowly. Then picture you doing your routine perfectly. Smile and relax, because you've got this! Good luck and let us know on MOnday how it went!

Good luck! Just remember that the routines you will perform are the exact ones you've done dozens (or maybe hundreds) of times. Nothing has changed. Go out and do what you do!

I did ok. didnt get the vault score that i wanted but didnt fall on beam.A girl fell on bars and they had to call the ambulance while i was competing on the beam!!!Got an 8.800 on floor and placed fine. I never really do well under pressure. I didnt do so well at my level 5 state either.;)

Congrats on not falling on beam! That's great. Are you hoping to move to level 7 next year (or is it stay at level 6 with the next changes??)

Abs - congrats on staying focused on beam during all the choas on bars, that is something to be very proud of. Vault scoring was tight at this meet, so don't let the score get you down. Congrats on placing on floor!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back