Strengthening Ankles?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A while ago I landed short on a piked tsuk and when I landed in forced arch my ankle got really hurt. It hurt to walk on it for a while.

Now when ever I land even slightly short or back tumble my ankle hurts really badly. It's been affecting my tumbling progress and hurting my vault.

Is there any way to make my ankle stronger/less painful?

On a side note, my foot now won't point all the way down anymore :confused:

I know we have to stand in a really nice releve. After a few minutes in a good releve, it burns! I wouldn't do the releve until your ankle is better though; good luck!

my coach has us do 150 toe rises, we do 50 with our feet in normal position and lift our heels 50 times then 50 with our toes pointed out ( like a penguin) then 50 with our toes pointed at each other ( like you are pidgin toed) and even though it burns a lot it helps

A while ago I landed short on a piked tsuk and when I landed in forced arch my ankle got really hurt. It hurt to walk on it for a while.

Now when ever I land even slightly short or back tumble my ankle hurts really badly. It's been affecting my tumbling progress and hurting my vault.

Is there any way to make my ankle stronger/less painful?

On a side note, my foot now won't point all the way down anymore :confused:

you may need to go and get an xray of the front of your ankle where your tibia (shin) goes down in to the foot. landing too short can chip off a small piece of the tibia at the foot. it's like a mortice down there. the little piece then migrates to the front of the joint preventing you from flexing or plantar flexing (pointing) your foot. get this checked 1st BEFORE you attempt any excercises to strengthen.

you may need to go and get an xray of the front of your ankle where your tibia (shin) goes down in to the foot. landing too short can chip off a small piece of the tibia at the foot. it's like a mortice down there. the little piece then migrates to the front of the joint preventing you from flexing or plantar flexing (pointing) your foot. get this checked 1st BEFORE you attempt any excercises to strengthen.

This happened about a month ago. It hurts on the side of my foot mostly when it hurts. When I point it it doesn't hurt but stretches and hurts just a tiny bit on the inside of my foot. If I try to punch with the angle of my foot less then 90 degrees it REALLY hurts.

You should go see a doctor. Even if nothing is seriously wrong they will be able to give you good excersises to make it stronger. So we cant really help you if we dont know excatly what is wrong.

You should go see a doctor. Even if nothing is seriously wrong they will be able to give you good excersises to make it stronger. So we cant really help you if we dont know excatly what is wrong.

Probably not the smartest with gymnastics, but I have no insurance... :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back