WAG Stress, L8 - and what I learned

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I very much appreciate you sharing your experience. DD is the youngest optional in our club and while I have friends at the gym who get the gymnastics aspect, my friends who have similarly aged children, don't understand the gymnastics part.

Mine is just hitting puberty. She has turned into my little porcupine. Some days she is my baby and other days I seem to be the enemy. She will be doing L8 next year and the stress has already been getting to her. Some days she is calling me from the gym to please come pick her up and other days I'm told to never talk to her coach again. Some days she sticks all of her skills, other days she can't walk without falling over. Some days she is okay with me just dropping her off, other days I've abandoned her and don't care if she meets her goals.

I'm truly struggling with the whiplash and walking on egg shells. Some days, I understand why some animals eat their young.

Have a DS but really, his level 8 season was exactly this. he didn't pull it together at any time, but he did start landing harder skills and improving. He is happily training L9 and making progress according to his coach.

And I could not agree more about stepping back. IT has made a world of difference. D occassionally needs a corrective interview to deal with the less-than-desirable teen behaviors, but other than that, I have no clue :) And I love it. Although my wallet not so much (gas money, shopping, going to (ahem) "dinner" with other moms)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back