Parents Team Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our first meet was Dec 3 and we got everything just a couple of days prior. I think Thurs with a Sunday meet. We luckily had most of our pieces because we had hand me downs from an older team mate (advantage of being the smallest on the team?). We even are reusing the warmup jacket. The last names are added at the gym with heat set vinyl and I was able to figure out how to get it off and the gym just put our name right on top of where the other name was.

Even if the leos are late, the coaches should be able to tell the gymnast what she should wear to the first meet. We joined a team late one year after a move, and I had to bring my DD's old competition leos in and let them pick the one that would look best with the team leos. That was the best option since no one else's would fit her. It wasn't ideal, but there was a plan.

It's weird that the OPs coaches didn't have any plan for her DD. What did she end up wearing?

Ours are late too, GK has been terrible the last couple years. Wrong fabrics, cancelling orders that weren't meant to be cancelled. Time for a new company to go through IMO. It's been a big mess this year. Thankfully we had enough "hand me downs" and leo sharing to make up for anyone not having a leo. It makes it very confusing for the first year parents to figure out what the heck is going on. For warm ups we usually order plain from GTM and have a local embroidery service add the gym name and logo.

Sorry for the delay in update. Our Leos and warmups arrived days before the last competition of the season. Warmups were the wrong size (they ordered 1 size for everyone on the team). I continued to be told all season either they didn't know when they would be in or at one point I was told everything was being overnighted (this was before the 2nd meet). No apology for the delay, just received a message that was relayed through the kids that everything was in and we should immediately bring our $500 in to pay for everything. They will be changing Leo/warm up styles next season so I paid $500 for something to be worn 1 meet. :(

Reactions: sce
Who did you turn your order in to? Have you asked the moms who you should ask about the leotard? Maybe who typically places the order?

Edit: Also - do all girls compete the same session? Perhaps some leotard sharing could happen.
This, share

Or wear a leo with similar colors to the team if you have one. Or just wear whatever looks the nicest.

Not much you can do but the best you can and move on.

Ours are late too, GK has been terrible the last couple years. Wrong fabrics, cancelling orders that weren't meant to be cancelled. Time for a new company to go through IMO. It's been a big mess this year. Thankfully we had enough "hand me downs" and leo sharing to make up for anyone not having a leo. It makes it very confusing for the first year parents to figure out what the heck is going on. For warm ups we usually order plain from GTM and have a local embroidery service add the gym name and logo.
I totally agree.

Refused delivery of my kids leo. It was clearly the wrong size, smaller then it should of been.
Tried to tell me its different because its a comp leo. I told them they should have different size charts then. One for "comp" sizing and one for "regular" leos

Wasn't just ours. Other parents kept theirs. Ended up ordering a second one this year.

Nice racket for GK.

I wish our gym would change vendors.

Sorry for the delay in update. Our Leos and warmups arrived days before the last competition of the season. Warmups were the wrong size (they ordered 1 size for everyone on the team). I continued to be told all season either they didn't know when they would be in or at one point I was told everything was being overnighted (this was before the 2nd meet). No apology for the delay, just received a message that was relayed through the kids that everything was in and we should immediately bring our $500 in to pay for everything. They will be changing Leo/warm up styles next season so I paid $500 for something to be worn 1 meet. :(
Absolutely no way that the group of parents should accept this. Why in the world would the gym think it’s ok to change styles next year when the brand new ones haven’t even been used yet?

That is messed up. I am wondering when on earth your gym ordered and if they ordered a backordered style or something. GK has trouble getting leos there for the first meet of the season, but the last?!?!

Umm I’m sorry but no no no. The parents need to band together and refuse to buy a whole new leo for next season. How wasteful and inconsiderate of the coaches to expect parents to drop another $500 for a new leo when the first ones haven’t been worn.

That's awful. I would have never accepted it for only one meet. Someone from your gym should have asked GK compensation for the the lateness of the leos. I'm not sure our gym would have accepted them.

I've worked with GK a good bit for competition uniforms and honestly, I'm betting THIS situation was a gym issue and not a GK issue. GK certainly has their issues; but they would have sent a stock leo for all of these girls to wear if it had been on them that these leos were *this* delayed. That the gym has been so lackadaisical about it with the parents makes me suspect that they were that slack also with getting their order in. This situation and the handling of it would be a serious red flag for me and it would be unlikely that my kid would be back there for the next season. *If* we were back for the next season we would NOT be paying $500 more for uniforms!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back