Test event!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw something on FB about it.....coach said something about her not doing well at practice in RIo, so the Trinadad and Tobago Olympic committee pulled her....

I know they were hoping to get her back in there but it didn't sound good :(

I think she made it... I saw some reference on a twitter, although there's another subdivision going on so who knows? It does look like Romania won't field a team as they finished 7th...

I still haven't seen official confirmation yet but according to a few unofficial Facebook reports, she did :) I would have liked to see it though, too bad they wouldn't let anyone else stream it. I'll check out their highlight video but it really isn't the same as watching it.

Did the 2 girls from California that competed for another country (after suddenly becoming citizens even though they'd never set foot in said country and had no familial connection to the country) compete at the test event?

While I haven't followed any of this so its all new to me, with regard to that article, I am struck by the fact that gymnastics news such as this made the cover of a general newspaper. I can't imagine in the US that any mainstream publication would cover the detail of who is on or off the team. Sheesh nobody other than the few who follow the sport even know any names other than Gabby Douglas and Nadia ;-)

The apparatus finals have turned into real life Stick It! Everyone's withdrawing- according to IG in protest about the selection process? Something to do with apparatus finals not counting?

Chuso qualified for Rio. This will be her 7th Olympics as a gymnast. She first qualified in 1992! Amazing!
This made my DDs day. She loves to watch Simone Biles et al, but she looks up to no one like she does Chusovitina...the longevity of the women is nothing short of outstanding. She just hopes that she can make up some move, any move on beam so she can be the only gymnast with her own move on every event. My DD once asked me if I could buy her biography for her and since its in another language, pay to get it translated. I told her as a gift for graduating medical school some day. Lol.

This made my DDs day. She loves to watch Simone Biles et al, but she looks up to no one like she does Chusovitina...the longevity of the women is nothing short of outstanding. She just hopes that she can make up some move, any move on beam so she can be the only gymnast with her own move on every event. My DD once asked me if I could buy her biography for her and since its in another language, pay to get it translated. I told her as a gift for graduating medical school some day. Lol.

I think Khorkina already has a move named after her on every event? Chuso is awesome, though. It's funny to think she actually does bars, beam, and floor, because I know her as the vaulting machine that never breaks :D

We're sad for the trampoline gymnast from our gym. Her routine went wrong so no Olympics for her.... It was a long shot already but we really had our hopes up for her.

I watched the Aussie girls using Nory's livestream (before the FIG stopped him) and was really proud of them, thought France or Belgium would likely have a couple too many mistakes and score below. It was nice to see Emma Nedov do well as I knew the family when I was younger, and I really hoped she'd get her Olympic spot. I guess that's over now :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back