Parents The grass isn't always greener at the "other" gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlymomof3

Proud Parent
My Dd competed at her State meet today and I sat in front of some moms from another gym that I consider to be the "best" gym in our area. As many of you might recall, our gym has gone through some changes and I was considering moving Dd. One of the moms was discussing how frustrated she was with how this other gym was run and how there were too many girls (over 20 level 3's). It was very eye-opening for me!! In fact, many of the things the mom mentioned were things that have bothered me with our own gym. The conversation made me greatful for our tiny level 3 team of three girls and our awesome coach!! I think I'll be sticking around for a while :)

that is why its good to do the visits to see for yourself if its better or not. The so called "best" gym may not be the best for your child or your family. I think the "Best Gym" is the one that fits you best.

We had a few families leave our gym recently. Some of them are finding the same thing. Although it was strange to see them go, the atmosphere in our gym has improved tremendously without all of the tension and drama.

My friend says that no gym is perfect, but at least we know what we are dealing with at our gym. Who knows what craziness would be at the new one. Besides, it might be that my daughter would be a better, happier gymnast at the other gym. It might also be that she is a talented, happy gymnast because of the gym she's at now.

2 1/2 years ago, 7 of my daughters teammates went to a new gym that had opened because they (or their parents) wanted "more serious training." My daughter was one of the few her age/level to stay. Only 2 of the 7 are still at the new gym. The other 5 have quit, all saying they just don't enjoy it anymore. The reason for leaving was so they would have a better chance of succeeding at optionals, only two made it to optionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back