WAG The monologue of a gym mom during a meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My particular favorite was when I was in level 9 and competing beam. I was terrible at beam to begin with but this meet I did my backhandspring back tuck and completely missed the beam and landed on my back under the beam.

Okay, just so you know...most people (not just mom's) would agree that it is impossible to be "terrible" at beam if you at least attempt a BHS BT. That sentence does not make sense! :) Loved the story!!!!

DS competed front giants for the first time this weekend and our whole section leaned and helped get him over. Then there are sounds of whews on the tape, followed by the back giants when again, the group is leaning and helping him over with our lean. Haha.

On our videos all you hear is my husband saying to me, "breath, breath." And then to my son, "why does mommy hold her breath all the time?"

I forgot to add, during the season at practice I got hurt, and because it was a new skill I had my da tape it. Well you can hear my whole team gasp and then one girl goes oh no! Did she just break her ankle? On video?! Please tell me she didn't break her ankle... On video!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back